Whirlpool Musky

charlied

LOL...thanks guys....ya it was just a little bigger than the one in Joshua's boat. I took a guess that it was 10 pounds but my other buddy says its over, cause i am 5'7" and nearly 200 pounds and I am not holding it was out like alot of fisherman do to make the fish look bigger...LOL. Pigeontroller....LOL....musky fisherman, thats actually only the 3rd musky I have ever hooked and second ever landed.....the only oe I missed was when I was actually fishing for them...the other 2 were when bass fishing ans salmon fishing...go figure. Fish was kinda like bringing a log in....not much fight to it, it kinda just tried to hold its ground. Is this normal? Thanks again guys for saying nice catch.....means alot. See ya!!

I swear the musky fishing in the lower river is as good (or better) than the upper the past few years. All those fish from years ago must've gone over the falls

There are definately some monsters in there, I have seen many. Also some DOH HEAD last year caught a 52 pounder in the winter and dragged it in by his boat to Queenston launch, weighed it and then asked us if it was out of season......he released it to the fish gods cause it had drowned of course....some people!

Wow! Great musky adventure. What a catch!

The other image looked like you are releasing a giant morey eel.

Do you have a leader on when you caught it?

I am ready to trade catches, I want one of your musky in exchange for 5 of my salmon. I have to menatally move up to another notch after seeing you got that musky. I have not landed a musky at the whirlpool, they de-spooled me few times, and broke one of my rod ones. I have to start focusing on catching them to get even.

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice Musky. I'm Surprised a slim musky like that didn't move with the current and just stood its ground! Water must be really cold at the whirlpool.

wtg on the muskie, nice one.

okay muskie on salmon lure, a steelhead on a muskie lure, have all the fish changed the lure preferences lately? I'm waiting for the report of a walleye caught with corn.

Edited by HearingFish

Wow! Great musky adventure. What a catch!

The other image looked like you are releasing a giant morey eel.

Do you have a leader on when you caught it?

I am ready to trade catches, I want one of your musky in exchange for 5 of my salmon. I have to menatally move up to another notch after seeing you got that musky. I have not landed a musky at the whirlpool, they de-spooled me few times, and broke one of my rod ones. I have to start focusing on catching them to get even.

I didn't have a leader, just had 12 pound test on, had to use my 12.5 foot rod cause I busted my salmon rod last year, and had an old real that my dad gave me, said it was my grandpa's....so it was nice to catch it on my grandpa's reel. If you start focusing on catching them you probably won't....LOL. I see tons of them down there when the salmon are in but this is the first one I caught