My Rant about bad service

mattyk

Early this summer i took my merc to legend boats in barrie to have impeller replaced. The next time i took it out on th lake it was leaking gas in a really bad way. So i took it back to them and told them the problem. They said it was the float and needle and replaced the part for me, and it takes them several weeks to fix my motor. I was only up in canada for two weeks (early July)and had to go back down to kentucky. So the next time i come up in august i pick up the boat from them and they said it was fixed. Well i get out on the water and guess what? Its still leaking gas. So i take it back to them and complain a whole lot and they tell me sorry and they will take it look at it. I get a call back from Legend baots saying that they forgot to replace the fuel filter the first time they changed the float and needle and they put a new one in at no cost. Well i pick up the boat and take it back to my parents place. I didnt get a chance to go test it out until today. I get out on the lake and guess what. It was gushing out gas from the engine when i started her up. It didnt look safe and i was worried that it would explode. Well im sick and tired of driving to barrie to take my boat to these guys. Ahhhhhh!. Anyways i just dropped it off an a marnia close to lake simcoe. It looks like gasket was not sealed properly. How many times does it take to fix the same problem.

I had a chance to talk with the manager of legend boats. I told him about my experience and he didn't really have any thing to say. I told him that i posted a message on message board with my exerience and he told me to be carful. He said that i should think twice about bad mouthing them, and i said that i did not bad mouth his business. All i did was share my experience about what happend to me. He said that they would not bend over backwards to help a customer who gives them a bad rep. I said that it was might right as a paying customer to pass along my experiences with them. I told him that he has lost my business and that i would not be doing any more business with him and that my next boat would be purchased from somebody else.

Edited by mattyk

Outrageous.

Not intending to hijack the thread but why is it we (boaters in general) tolerate this kind of quality control and service and allow these companies to flourish?

If auto manufacturers tried to pass off this kind of quality and service they wouldn't be in business long.

Good luck Matty. Hopefully the marina takes good care of you and you can reward them with your future business.

-Brian

This is not the first time I have heard this about legend boats! Legend Boats is place that

people need to start boycotting!

I know of first hand three people who are locals in the area who have had similar problems

with Legend Boats and I have heard numerous other stories.

LEGEND BOATS YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with folks who perform a repair and don't check to see if what they did works? Maroons.

Give'em Hell douG!!!

This is exactly why I do all my own maintainence and repairs whenever I can!

mattyk Posted Today, 02:49 PM

i've had a pretty bad experience with them and im not happy with the boat and motor either. When i upgrade next time im think will go for a lund

Don't do it Matty!!!

Ask Wayne what all kind of problems he had with his brand new "top of the line" Lund!

loser.jpg

Edited by Greencoachdog

Yeah...thats a pretty good rant....where was the service center?

Legend didn't make the motor or authorize the dealer for motor repair.

There is no doubt your motor was in the hands of someone with a very low skill set and low work ethic.

Write the motor and boat companies and the dealer.

My advice is to deal with the motor dealer and CC the other 2.

While the letter is in the mail get on the phone to them, take names, numbers and notes. Treat this like its a business and you will get there.

good luck, hope its stress free.

Stuntman

Thats to bad man i feel your pain !!!!!!! i had a brand new 2000 16ft tracker and after it was in the water for the first 6hrs,the paint on the sides of the boat was floating on the water....anyway long story short,it went back to missouri,to the factory 4 months later i got it back,and guess what it sat outside without the cover on it,the whole time,it was bleached,and faded...all they did was patch up the paint....well it needed to be acid washed,and cleaned then repainted that step was missed during the making of the boat...well I GOT IT BACK PUT IT IN THE WATER AND GUESS WHAT IT DID IT AGAIN...THEY DIDNT ETCH THE ALUMINUM....ANYWAY AFTER ALMOST SUING THEM I SOLD IT BACK TO THEM....i was so mad...it cost me alot in phone calls,paperwork.....so i will never deal with them again....so i know how you feel,let me know how you make out ..AND I HOPE NOBODY GOES TO THAT PLACE WHERE YOU TOOK YOUR BOAT,I KNOW I WONT BE.... cheers

Guest gbfisher
Give'em Hell douG!!!

This is exactly why I do all my own maintainence and repairs whenever I can!

Don't do it Matty!!!

Ask Wayne what all kind of problems he had with his brand new "top of the line" Lund!

loser.jpg

Had the same set up now on Georgian Bay for 4 seasons....nothing wrong as of yet :thumbsup_anim:

Put just a few hundred miles on it and never had a complaint. I have a Yamaha on mine though........... :whistling: I didnt get a hat with mine. Got a tunnel cover instead!! :thumbsup_anim:

I had the same problem with my tracker 04 though, purchased the boat as a show room model, went to pick it up and they had used it as a demo at a boat show, more like demoltion derby, decals guaged and 1 1/2 foot patches of paint missing on the hull, dealer said he would make good for it and put it in writing, they painted the boat ,beautiful job and decaled it twice , crap job the first time, they did come thru for me but not before alot of complaining , last off the manager drove 2 hours to my house to drop off a decal kit and a cheque to have them installed at a place of my choice, my only complain now is i've had the boat 2 years and now i have carpet rot,always covered and indoor winter storeage, wrote them back but no response off course, i guess if you have to replace the carpet every 2 years my next boat will not be a tracker.

Thats to bad man i feel your pain !!!!!!! i had a brand new 2000 16ft tracker and after it was in the water for the first 6hrs,the paint on the sides of the boat was floating on the water....anyway long story short,it went back to missouri,to the factory 4 months later i got it back,and guess what it sat outside without the cover on it,the whole time,it was bleached,and faded...all they did was patch up the paint....well it needed to be acid washed,and cleaned then repainted that step was missed during the making of the boat...well I GOT IT BACK PUT IT IN THE WATER AND GUESS WHAT IT DID IT AGAIN...THEY DIDNT ETCH THE ALUMINUM....ANYWAY AFTER ALMOST SUING THEM I SOLD IT BACK TO THEM....i was so mad...it cost me alot in phone calls,paperwork.....so i will never deal with them again....so i know how you feel,let me know how you make out ..AND I HOPE NOBODY GOES TO THAT PLACE WHERE YOU TOOK YOUR BOAT,I KNOW I WONT BE.... cheers

Guest mistyriver1

Read your update Matt. That's too bad.

Sounds like the manager may be thinking he won a battle but in the long run if this is how they treat their customers he'll lose the war.