if you could only have one bait in your box, what would it be?

banger

Guest mistyriver1
A yellow marker buoy!

It does better than catch fish it catches fisherman....more meat!

:clapping:

Another vote for spinnerbait here....either white or yellow. :Gonefishing:

A yellow marker buoy!

It does better than catch fish it catches fisherman....more meat!

That is so true. I know a few guys that will put out marker bouys in fishless spots just to get people to fish by them while they're fishing the spot that has the fish. :D

#1 Red Devil

#2 Mepps

I have caught more fish on red devils and mepps than all other Lures.Pike bass and walleye

My newest favorite is the suspending Pink Rapala X-Rap what a freaking lure.Fish magnet.

Rapala husky jerk

Yozuri hydro minnow

Moss Boss

Jitter bug

oh so many I like.I never keep the same lure on for long.

MTP

Maybe it would have been more fun to pick your top 3.

But as it stands, it's just one.It was a close call for me, between JIG & spinner bait.I've picked up more fish on spinner baits then all other baits.But when it comes to a tuff bite, cold front, heavy heavy cover.It would have to come down to a JIG for me.

I know if your fave fish to fish for is Muskie or Pike.Then maybe a JIG is'nt gonna be your most common bait to pick.I don't get to fish for skies much anymore.( maybe twice a year, now:)

But for the fishing I do. Bass, Pike, Crappie, Walleyes. Jigs seem to work very well, under all conditions.This makes it my personal #1 pick.

I wish I had made a poll, at the start of this topic.It would have been interesting to see the findings on the Votes.

And when you guys or girls, pick your fave #1 bait to use.Please give a detailed reason why, it's your fave bait to use.I think the reason for the bait, is as important as the pick itself.

:Gonefishing:

Shawn.

Bucktail or a rabbit jig: fairly weedless (spoons and bodybaits are for open water), durable, and catches lots of fish.

Spinnerbaits are great when the bite is on, but the fish have to be fairly active for a spinnerbait to work.

Grubs are great but wear out fairly quickly.

If you can't fish a jig from bank, you are confused about how to fish them ;). You can swim a jig just as well as any other lure.

Pike and Musky? Give me a big bucktail for them anyday.

Kelly's Pier Boy Special - natural.

Everything bites it. Everything stays on. Can use them almost anywhere.

I've caught so many bass on these that it's almost unfair to them. Great for the kids too since little sunfish, bass, and perch around the docks go absolutely nuts for them.

after this last year I would have to say 6 1/4" woodie it has landed me many musky,Pike I have gotten Bass pickeral and even a Salmon last fall. I know that if the little Fker's that follow it could open there mouth wide enough then I would have pearch and other pan fish on them also. Dogs Balls would be the choice color.

If not a spinner bait not as big as others this way I can catch them smaller fish to use to get the musky if the bite is slow you have to impervise dont jig it just use your pickeral for bait it works trust me I have pics.

Kelly's Pier Boy Special - natural.

Everything bites it. Everything stays on. Can use them almost anywhere.

I've caught so many bass on these that it's almost unfair to them. Great for the kids too since little sunfish, bass, and perch around the docks go absolutely nuts for them.

what is this Kellys peir boy special ???

Guest Trophymuskie

Did anybody say spinnerbait?

Hands down the number one lure for spring/summer and early fall fishing.

I caught 320 inches of muskies on one yesterday ( well it actually was 3 spinnerbaits ), no monsters but 8 muskies from 36 to 43 inches and 6 of those were all caught casting during one hour around the morning moonset.

It's not only a small fish bait as I've caught a lot of 54 inch fish on them, at least 9 or 10 that I can remember off hand.

I'll also second the floating marker as they work great, but sometimes they are just a 1 fisherman lure though.

Edited by Trophymuskie