Need Help From Canadians!

JenTavolacci

Hi everyone!

So we have some new products and I have a question that the Canadians should be able to help me with....I have attached a photo of Pete wearing what we call a "beanie". To my question... a couple of years ago I was at a trade show and met some people from Canada and they did not call this a "beanie", they called it something else that for the life of me I cannot remember. I had never heard the word before. Could someone tell me what these hats/caps/beanie things are called in Canada? I would like to add it to the product description....plus I am not so sure I like the name "beanie" for them.

Thanks!!!!

-Jen

Oh yeah..... Marc Thorpe - no comments on what the arrow is pointing to!!!! Ah....forget it - go for it! :P

PeteBeanie.jpg

AHHHH....and that would be why I did not remember it!!!!

That seems to be it!

I looked it up:

Toque: soft hat with a narrow brim worn especially in the 16th century, from Old Spanish toca headdress

1 : a woman's small hat without a brim made in any of various soft close-fitting shapes

2 : TUQUE

3 : a tall brimless hat worn by a chef -- called also toque blanche

THANKS!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

And Jen, it's pronounced two-ck, not toku or talku, ha ha ha! EH!

Joey

Its a must for all Canadians who need to venture outside to shift our Igloo panels in high winds!! :thumbsup_anim:

At first i thought you were referring to a skull cap, but yup that right there is a toque :thumbsup_anim:

The one Pete is wearing is a knit cap....it may be a Toque but maybe not, its not a skull cap though. We do have others at petemaina.com that I think for sure are Toques. Is that the plural? I tried to find out so I could put it on the site but Miriam Webster didn't give a plural for it. The others on the site are fleece....here is a photo:

pmFLEECEstone.jpg

Crocodile Hunter?? Funny!

-Jen

Pete

I"d like you to do little excesise

1) stand in front of a mirror

2) place Toque on your head

3) place both arms along side each side of you

4) Jump up and down

Make sure your ears are sticking out :w00t:

You can call me if you like to yell insults :P

Dude thanks for the laugh,I aint worried about Verasce calling you :w00t: