You people are the greatest !!!!

lew

As many of you know, my brother & OFC member, Eddyk, passed away a couple months ago and it has hit me very hard. We were extremely close and it'll take me a long time to get over it. He was my closest friend and regular fishing partner for nearly 60 years.

Joey & Paul stopped in tonight with one of the greatest gifts I've ever received in my life.

With the assistance of a lot of members from OFC, they arrainged for our very own Pamala Dalaire to paint a portrait of Ed & I fishing together in my boat at Quinte.

The painting was taken from a favorite photograph of mine and Pam did an absolute fantastic job on it, then it was placed in a beautiful frame, and was delivered to us tonight by Joey & Paul.

I'm really at a loss for words and don't honestly know how to thank all you absolutely wonderful folks that make up this board. The generosity and kindness of OFC is always amazing whenever any of us need a helping hand.

Thanks to Joey for her extreme thoughtfulness, the members of OFC who made it all possible and especially to Pam for doing such a wonderful job in capturing a favorite moment from my life.

The picture will hang in a prominent place in my living room and will bring back wonderful memories of all the fabulous times I spent with my brother over the years.

Joey took some pictures and will post them when she gets home, but it's getting late and it may not be till tomorrow morning.

Thank you everyone VERY VERY much, you've made me an extremely happy man tonight !!!!

Well the time has finally come Lew we were waiting for you to come home .Had some tears in my eyes just minutes ago.I haven't met you yet but with all thats happened in your life you really deserve this painting and yes the people on this board are the greatest.Can't wait to see the portrait :thumbsup_anim:

I also did not hesitate when I got the PM.Joey and Tybo thanks for the huge contribution.

MTP :clapping::angel::D

Edited by Mike the Pike

Hi, Lew I also cannot wait to see it... I felt what your brother meant to you in your post... and when I got that PM there was not a question about it.. for sure...

I hope you enjoy it.. Dang... my eyes are welling up..

it is the least us OFC'rs could do for a great man....

Gerritt.

Wow Lew! I cant wait to see the painting either. As Gerritt already said, when bly and I received the PM, there was no hesitation. I'm very happy that you are happy...and that this gift will mean that much to you.

Thank you Pam, and Joey...big thumbs up for you two!

Edited by ccmtcanada

Lew, it was great seeing you tonight. You are just an awesome human being and I'm glad we could all come together on this and make you smile.

I too want to thank everyone here at OFC for helping me with this, your generosity is once again overwhelming. A special thanks to Peter (Squid) for your help too, thanks bud :thumbsup_anim:

Pam, your artwork is great and the pictures really don't do it any justice, what with minimizing it and the flash. Sorry!

Thanks Diane and Sheri for helping me keep the secret and coordinating the meeting, and for the jar of beets. You two are wonderful.

Okay on to the pics, and be forwarned, there is partial nudity, so Glen, you should enjoy this :lol:

gallery_17_7_24624.jpg

gallery_17_7_11381.jpg

gallery_17_7_21251.jpg

gallery_17_7_6217.jpg

gallery_17_7_17655.jpg

gallery_17_7_7177.jpg

Our parting gift - Yummy - Homemade Beets.

gallery_17_7_12867.jpg

Joey

:thumbsup_anim: You're a great guy Lew, and contribute a lot to this board. I just wish I could have been there for the presentation. We love ya Bubba!!! :thumbsup_anim:

The UTMOST thanks to Joey and Paul for your time and effort on this truely amazing gesture!... we love y'all too!!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

... and for all the OFNers that were a part of this, I'm overly fond of y'all too!!! :clapping:

Okay on to the pics, and be forwarned, there is partial nudity, so Glen, you should enjoy this :lol:

Joey

Geez!!! I think I'm gonna start wearing a shirt from now on! :blush:

Just funnin' y'all!... Now if I could just get Lew to go fishin' and post pics like that... sure would take some of the heat off of me! :w00t:

I agree Pam, the painting is so much more beautiful than the photo of it.

Lew was commenting on all the details in the painting too, the little fine touches that only the real painting shows.

Just beautiful work Pam!

Joey

Edited by Joey

Oh WOW!! Now that I've seen it, it's incredible! Although I shouldn't be surprised since I've seen Pam's work before (not up close and personal...just here on the board). Great work Pam...you have a talent that has the ability to touch people in many ways.

Ok...gotta close my mouth now, there's a fly in here......

Oh, I almost forgot, there was a bit of money left over and a bit still on the way and Lew has decided he would like it to be donated in Eddy's honour to a charity. I'll post the details when things are finalized.

Joey

Looking at the picture now.. I am still moved.

Look at the transom.. an OFC sticker...

Lew.. you are a great guy... and deserving of this... Albeit everyone wishes it was under different circumstances..

But that sticker on your boat is what binds us..

we are all OFC'rs... yes we may not agree with one another 100% of the time... We may not even talk to each other... but we are OFC'rs just the same...

I for one am glad that we have a OFC'r like you on the board... we have exchanged greetings etc.. and while we have not been in a boat together you have let me see a little bit of of your life...

alot of us have been there by your side... weather it be your triumphs or your heart breaking disappointments..

Just always remember...

You have some friends here and it certainly was shown here via your post.

Thank you for bringing me to reality too... I take this place for granted every once and awhile..

I hope you find solace and a bit of peace my friend... May the fish be world records and the chatter comical..

Gerritt.