Ram Mounts

Gerritt

Yet another question... sorry guys...

I am considering a Ram Mount for my Fishfinder... as I know I will upgrade before the year is out and I dont want a million holes in my boat. So I was thinking of a Ram Mount... so I only have to replace the bracket, eliminating the need to drill more holes when I do get th new unit...

Do they hold their position in rough waters? (not flopping over etc..) easily adjustable? are they durable? any complaints??

Thanks again guys!

Gerritt.

RAMB111.jpg

I have a RAM suction cup mount for my GPS. It is very high quality. I give it a very high rating. I don't think that I can moved my GPS 1/8th of an inch when it is locked in place. I say go for it Gerritt.

Nipcan8.jpg

I have one on my bass boat, the bigger one, for my globalmap 3300c. she has flopped down a few times but for the most part if she is nice and tight , will not move. I have fished under extreme weather and still have my unit, can't believe you could fish or travel in worst conditions than i have already done . I strongly recommmend the ram mount but for the console, i do suggest the bigger (1 1/2 " ball?).

ps, i like it as i can loosen and swivel it so i can view it from the front deck, i am too cheap to put another one up front

just looked at Dan's and his is a suction cup, i drilled mine and fastened it onto a flat surface.

Edited by bucketmouthjohnny

I have one mounted on my console to hold my Lowrance X15. I think they are great, I fish mostly Simcoe, L.O., and Couch, so of course I have been in some quite choppy situations, and have never seen it move. Its such a simple system, and it works great. I have had mine for 8 years and you wouldn't know it. If I ever sell my boat, that is coming with me. They should also make rod holders.

We use the ram mounts to hold the load scale computers and the aux spreader

functions button panel. They both weigh about 10 pounds.

Haven't had a problem with one to date.

Are equipment gets the snot kick out of them.

Ger,if you can get an account with Mc Master Carr (American distributor) you can pick them up for half the price then here.

I,ll be ordering two ,as I,ll be up grading and need to get the finder/gps up alittle higher off the dash.

• 5 months later...

Bringing this back up as I am looking for the best place to purchase them. Safe to assume I will be ordering 2 balls and one post per unit?? Also do I need a special mount for Eagle Electronics?

Thanks for the link Brian but I would rather deal with someone here in Canada...

Where did you guys purchase yours and around what $$ figure so I have an idea on what I am spending.

G

Gerritt the 111U.. I believe it is will do everything you need. Mounting ball...joiner and bracket that your units bracket bolts to. I'll go find my info and confirm the model number.

Yes it's the 111U that I have on both of my units. Hold good in anything up to slapping 4 footers. Also make it really quick and easy to remove your unit and take it inside...leaving you the unit bracket and ram top plate as a nice carrying handle. Just be sure your side knobs are tight!!!!

Ram website for other choices... unit selector etc

http://www.ram-mount.com/marineelectronics.htm

I ordered mine from GPS city I believe in Alberta. Can't confirm as the bill is in the bow of my covered boat. They were cheap and no PST

http://www.gpscity.com/item-ram-mount-rect...ball/ram111.htm

Edited by irishfield

Gerritt Jos should have them right in stock. He carries both the smaller ones and the larger. He recommended the larger for my Eagle. After that you shouldn't need any thing else to mount it.I just went and double checked the one he sold me was by LEI Accessories and is model MB-8.Check out the link below.

http://www.lei-extras.com/store/default.asp

Edited by taper

Funny that LEI buys Ram's products... slaps a new model number on it and charges 50%+ more for it.

name order# description qty. each total

MB-8 101-63 R-A-M 1-1/2" ball mount bracket with long arm and mounting plate. $54.95 $54.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: All software, CDROMs, mapping cards, videos and owners manuals are non-refundable. Total: $54.95

That is the 111-U and it's available from GPScity for $38.95

The RAM mount sure makes it fast & easy to remove the electronics and keep them safe when the boat is parked at the dock overnight.

Probably 20 seconds and everything is outta the boat and under lock & key for the night.

Cnv2061-1.jpg

Taper,

I looked for the Ram mounts when I was there, I did not see them... or I would have ordered them from him for sure.

I picked up 2 - 111U's from GPS City for 38.95 Thanks for the heads up Wayne! I should have them tomorrow.

G

Dang.... with the warm weather coming I am itching to get my new gear installed on the boat.... I need to head over to see Jos in the next week or two as there is a bunch of other stuff I need as well... Considering a new Bow mount and VHF radio.

G

Thanks for all the positive replies fellas it is definably appreciated. I got the one's with the 1 1/2" balls :thumbsup_anim:

Lew I noticed in your picture you have an extinguisher on board... Thanks for the reminder that I need to add one.

Now to look at VHF units with DSC :)

G