went to Cabelas

ricoboxing

n727060407_940720_7977.jpgwent to michigan on the weekend so took a trip to cabelas.

n727060407_940712_5403.jpg

n727060407_940708_7246.jpg

if you guys ever get the chance to go, you gotta check it out. its twice the size of bass proshops in toronto. not that many great deals, but worth going just to see the store. all i bought was two muskie bucktails. total damage done = $12

not bad!

Very nice store. I was also there with MJL on Saturday between 1:00pm and 3:00pm. Family went for three days of power shopping in Troy, Auburn Hills and Birch Run. Stayed in Troy near Somerset Mall.

Too far to go more than once a year.

I also had fun at Cabelas. The store layout with the fish tanks and ponds + all the stuffed animal exhibits was impressive. I couldn't believe the sizes of some of the trout they had swimming around (bows and brookies). To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the amount of fishing inventory they had in stock but in all fairness, I was looking for some very specialized items that were not bass/walleye/musky related.

What surprised me was the fact that PowerPro in the US retails for much cheaper than in Canada. I bought a couple of 300 yard spools of PowerPro for $25 each. In Canada, 150 yards retails at most local tackle shops for almost the same amount after tax...Go figure.

Also didn't see too many deals or items priced below what I normally pay back at home.

I also brought my camera with me but unfortunately it died after taking 2 pics of the fish tank...There's always next year :D

We did it in about 5 hours, leave very early in the morning, about 0200, drive X crountry, Barrie, Anus, Alliston,Guelph, London, cross at Windsor, trhu Detroit, back home late that night. Should have stayed another day, maybe next time or wait and see if the store in Montreal is going to be built.

I work part time there in the fly fishing dept. It's like working in a big toy store. Plus you get to talk fishing all day long, get great discounts, see all the new gear, and actually get paid ( not much) for it. The perfect retirement job!! If anyone makes it down.....look me up and say Hi......I'm John in Fly Fishing.

Brian, it takes me 3hrs and 15 min to get to BPS TO from Windsor. That is doing 120 and down the 407. Once you cross the border it will take about another 55 min. I have made the trip many times. Other great fishing stores are BPS and Gander Mtn.

Thanks guys

I been to Gander (once) I found everything all over the place.Confusing,but lots of product.

With the way the dollar is right now,it,s worth the drive Im thinking.

Leave here at 5 am get there 11 am or so.