Holy Snapping Turtles Batman~! (nf)

Benthook

That is one nasty turtle it could replace the Doberman guard dog at home.

Reminds me of when I was a kid my parents took us camping in Peterborough some where .I think it may have been lake Scugog but I am not sure.It was a shallow lake well known for its Muskie fishing.So I was ten years old fishing from shore doing the Pan fish thing and wam I think I am stuck I reel in with all my might and a turtle appears above the water and he is snagged in the front paw.He decides to go back down in the water and starts pulling me in.This had to have weighed 20 to 25lbs.So the stupid kid that I am ,I would not let my rod go no way I was not going to lose my rod. I'm getting dragged in the water.So I started screaming for help but it took awhile before a man came and helped me he unhooked the turtle and saved my rod..Man you should have seen me I was ballin my eyes out.I wouldn't go fishin until the next day .I wonder if the guy who helped me is still around .This was 31 years ago.Mike :worthy::worthy::worthy:

That turtle looks hungry for human flesh.

I hooked a hugo turtle in Georgian Bay years ago.

Got it near within 20ft of shore where it stopped my retrieve and started hissing.

At one point, it sank over the edge of a drop off and snapped my line.

Probably close to 2ft. across the back.

Glad it didn't get any closer.

Those things really are a pain... i had one guy who ate some panfish i had on a stringer... and just tore em apart, didnt realize how big he was till i went to get him a couple weeks later with a net and he wouldnt fit... They eat too many of the fish in there and hes killed at least two beavers in the past year... Gotta get rid of him but i aint gonna let my hands get anywhere near him...