An interesting find this morning!!! - NF

ccmtcanada

Well, bly and I are getting ready to head up north for a weekend of camping with some friends. While she was getting the tent and other things out of the basement, she hears this frantic sqeaking sound...as she moves something out of the way...she uncovered this....

bat.jpg

Some pretty sharp looking teeth on this guy!! We covered it with a laundry hamper and let him go outside...but not before I snapped this picture!!!

Are bats good luck for fishing?? LOL.

yuck.....bats in the house are no fun. Been there, done that!

One year coming back from Canada (I was in H.S.), we stopped at St. Ignace, and while the door was open, a bat flew into the van. Only problem was we didn't know about until we were about 20 miles down I-75, and the bat came from the back and slammed into the front window! I was on the ground in the fetal position screaming like a school girl. Luckily the driver got the van stopped and the bat was chased out........

Like I said....yuck!

dk

Edited by dustink

Rich Clemens had a dead one stuck in his truck grill when he arrived at Lakair last month.

As jediangler says though, their actually a very useful critter to have around, specially when their on the OUTSIDE of the house :lol:

Very true about the fact they prey on the pests noone enjoys. I know several camps and lodges that built bat boxes to house the critters just for that reason. Not to mention they look cool and are pretty harmless.

Gerritt.

Rich Clemens had a dead one stuck in his truck grill when he arrived at Lakair last month.

As jediangler says though, their actually a very useful critter to have around, specially when their on the OUTSIDE of the house :lol:

Funny you mention Lakair Lew..when I first saw the bat I was wondering if I had brought it back from there since it was hiding out with my camping stuff.

My best guess as to HOW it got in the house.....think it flew in through the basement patio door, possibly when the dog was let out. I usually see a few each night and am glad to have them around but it would be nice if they would stay outside lol

yuck.....bats in the house are no fun. Been there, done that!

One year coming back from Canada (I was in H.S.), we stopped at St. Ignace, and while the door was open, a bat flew into the van. Only problem was we didn't know about until we were about 20 miles down I-75, and the bat came from the back and slammed into the front window! I was on the ground in the fetal position screaming like a school girl. Luckily the driver got the van stopped and the bat was chased out........

Like I said....yuck!

dk

LOL!!!

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. I had loaded up stacks of rental chairs in my van and headed down the road. I saw in the rear view mirror what I thought was a big bird flying right behind the van....not...it was a bat in the back of the van.

All of a sudden this thing flies up through the cargo wall passage door and starts crashing into all he windows and fluttering around my head before it landed on the empty passenger seat.

I'm sure the nearby farmer on his tractor thought I was a flake when he say this van flying down the dirt road locked up and sideways. I think the van was still moving (in park) when I jumped out.

Edited by Canoe2fish

Bly,you should of kept it for your trip.to put on shouders to keep pesty bugs from biting you all weekend :D

Steve

Thanks but no thanks! I would rather be bitten by bugs vs putting up with the high pitch sounds it was making.......might as well stay home with the kids if I want to hear that LOL

Not sure but maybe you check out with a doctor regarding the use of rabies immunoglobulin or some treatment. I think when there is a bat in the bedroom, even though you are no visible bite marks, you need to get treated, . I would double check.

How'd that thing get on its back?

Lew got it right. Chuck and Shelly's dog put her paws up on the grill was was giving something a well deserved and long sniff. Curiosity got the best of me so I went over to take a look. Sure enough, pop the hood and our falls a bat. Must have hit it coming through the PA mountains a day or so before. Glad Kea alerted me to that ... probably would have gotten a little smelly after a while.