Fave Fish to Eat

Bcee

Fellow Anglers and Fish Connoseurs (Kind of a sewers),

Tell me what is your favorite fish to eat and how do you prepare it?

I have always been a perch and walleye fan, but thats because they are predominate down here in Norther Ohio. The last few trips to Nipissing I have been making pike bites. I cut out the bones during the filet process, and having kids, I cut the fish up into lil nuggets. I use Panko style breading and mix in some parmagiano reggiano cheese. Its very light. I then saute them until golden brown. Kids love em and so do I.

Myself I like walleye, perch, trout, whities and the odd pike. First walleye only with fish crisp in oil plane and simple they just taste to good. Perch also with fish crisp but sometime I will make a batter and deep fry them with pancake mix(add only water one), garlic, pepper, onion powder and instead of water use beer mmmmmmmmm I am getting hungry just talking about these lol. Trout always do mine on the BBQ in foil with lemon, garlic, pepper, butter, oinions and some mesquite (maybe spelt wrong). Whities I do the same as the trout. Pike first 5 way fillet and then fish crisp (butter and garlic one) once again in oil. Oh and also for the perch I crush up ritz crackers and add pepper, garlic, and is also very nice also.

Yours sounds pretty good bcee I will have to try that one.

I love walleye, perch, and Crappie. Usually done in a breadcrumb mix with corn meal, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and oregano. The corn meal makes the fish very crunchy. Fry in very hot oil. Sometimes I swap breadcrumbs for crush goldfish crackers. Very Nice!

A very close second is trout/salmon on the BBQ.

Give this recipe a go I am sure you will agree it is top notch.

In a deep dish baking pan, combine 1/3 cup oil, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup water. Mix well and then season you trout or salmon fillets with lemon pepper and garlic powder. Marinade skin side up in the fridge for about 2 hours then straight on to a hot grill. Very important to go from the fridge to the grill without warming the fillets to room temp. I usually go flesh side down for 2 mins to get some nice grill marks and seal in the juices. Then flip skin side down for another 2 or 3 minutes depending on the size of fish.

BAM! and you have yourself one tasty meal.

I`ll eat just about any fish I catch.... Not a big fan of carp or freshwater drum though, but have eaten them in the past...

Usually just dip the fillets in egg and coat them in crushed "vegetable thins" crackers and fry them in butter in my cast iron fry-pan... tasty tasty....

Doug

Up to this point, it has primarily been bass. After Muskystudd introduced me to Walleye ... I'll have to add that to the menu on occasion.

The one way like like the bass fillets and grilled. Take the fillets, add some lemon and a couple other spices, wrap in foil, then on the grill. Mmmmmmmm

Edited by Rich Clemens

My favorite by far is Crappies.

Sweet meat, easy to clean, and for small fish you get a good slab of meat off 'em.

Deep fried with Fish Crisp....drool.

I can't eat a Bass because the Bass God would smite me down, dull all my hooks, and seize the motor on my boat.

I think his name is "El Fat Boy the Piggy Fish God" or something like that.

I saw him in a dream once the night before Bass Opener. I was drinking at the time.

He said something about drinking too but I was too worried about the "eating bass" deal to worry about that.

Gotta have your priorities straight.

Hookset.

Edited by Hookset