Fave Fish to Eat

Bcee

walleye cheeks.then pike or walleye fillets taste almost the same to me also like perch and crappie.im a cajun fish crisp fan just coat and fry nice and easy.also try 2 parts italian bread crumbs and 1 part flour works well.damn this post is making me drool.

Ive tried many different fish dishes in my time and Ive come to the conclussion that different species taste better when prepared best to compliment their flesh qualities.

BBQ'd salmon mmmm.... fresh fried perch/eyes/pike mmmmmm cajun catfish mmm..... cold smoked whitefish mmmm..... its Alllllll GOOD :thumbsup_anim:

side note I once ate a legal (season & size) muskie due to profuse bleeding - i fried some of the fillets & BBQ'd some steaks they both tasted quite good as well.... but I would never specifically target a muskie for the table

LOL! :D

I guess that's why I don't eat bass.

Though I've tasted smallmouth a few times and thought it was pretty good. My #1 would be perch and then walleye, never tried crappie before.

Mike

I can't eat a Bass because the Bass God would smite me down, dull all my hooks, and seize the motor on my boat.

I think his name is "El Fat Boy the Piggy Fish God" or something like that.

I saw him in a dream once the night before Bass Opener. I was drinking at the time.

He said something about drinking too but I was too worried about the "eating bass" deal to worry about that.

Gotta have your priorities straight.

Hookset.

-fresh tuna steaks. 2 minutes per side in the iron grill pan with that famous new orleans spice.

-boiled baby taters dressed in sea salt, fresh pepper, dill and olive oil

-spinach salad

okay, now i'm salivating.

The walleye that come from the cold clean waters of northern Ontario with out a doubt has got to be be tasting fish that I have ever ate. Caught, clean and cooked within a hour or two doesn't get any better.

Second would be yellow perch kinda of like eating chicken wings, can you say beer food :thumbsup_anim:

Whopper

Bass or perch (never caught pike or walleye). Cut the head off, cut their guts out. BBQ all the way baby w/ skin on, some butter some oil some seasoning u know! best is big perch or 1-1.5 pnd bass, too big and they dont taste as fresh or good i find. I havent tried fillets cuz this method is easier for me and I dont know anyone who can show me how to do it firsthand :(

Au natural for me, some of these recipes sound like you're better off eating a bag of Doritos lol. I like the taste of fresh fish, not so much marinades, crackers, chips, batters, sauces etc. 24" lake trout, block of Crisco, couple lemons, white flour and cold beer on a flat rock is my favorite. Catch 'em and eat 'em, no idea why someone would fill a freezer, old fish for me is anything that's been out of the water more than a couple hours. If I feel like eating fish, I'll go out and catch a couple. Always like a feed of fresh pike on muskie trips. The lard concept is a little iffy for some but it's the best I've used on boat trips, small, no ice and it fries up fish or potatoes fast and light.