Big King Salmon 30.10lbs!!!!! [pics]

fishindevil

Well i hit the water at 4:45am....and it was a chilly start to the day but i had a good feeling ,because the water temps have set up nice from bowmanville to oshawa,so myself and my friend droped lines just west of the darlington nuke plant in 70ft of water,about 35ft down....marked a few fish,and within a few mins i picked up about a 12lb king,on the michigan stinger spoon,and then nothing for about 1hr1,bang,the dipsey rod fires off,and i pulled another 8-10lb king,caught him on the same spoon,about 45ft down,then the long wait.....talked to my bud and a few other boats on the VHF,radio and there was a few fish being caught but not to many big ones a few just around the 20lb mark....by this time i have put a monkey puke fly/and a dipsey/spin doctor,off the wire rod,on setting #3 111ft back.and was running about 45ft down..and bang...it goes crazy the fish hit so hard i had a difficult time getting the rod out of the holder,as line is burnning of the reel big time....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...well the fish stops running at 320ft out,man the fight is on,and about 20mins later he is at the boat.and wouldnt you know it,the fish just wont come to the net,its very hard trying to drive and fight a big fish like that all at the same time,and net the thing as wellhe keeps making runs under the boat so i end up driving in circles to avoid a break off,this salmon does not want anything to do with my boat what a tug of war...man what a big fish...glad i had my big salmon net or i would be in big trouble,so i net the fish,and do my thing with the measuring & weigh the salmon he hit the scales at 30.10lbs and 43inches long....yeeehhaaaaaa.....so we headed to the marina and got some pics and chatted up for a while and that was my day salmon fishing out of port darlington.and thats the big fish of the year so far...the fishing is awesome right now,so here is my pics and my entry for team 3 fin-chasers...enjoy

30-4.jpg

30-3.jpg

30-5.jpg

30.jpg

30-6.jpg

30-1.jpg

30-7.jpg

Edited by fishindevil