lew

I knew we'd received too much rain yesterday...

Cool, the one on the right looks like a hybrid? I got chased by a goose one night years ago at a pond I was fishing at, got too close to the nest in the dark. One definitely looked like a Canada goose, the other looked more like a domestic goose.

i get them trying to nest in my yard sometimes in the spring too Lew, it's cool to watch them.

Looks like our cottage in Bobcaygeon Lew. Our neighbour actually has a natural pond and there are ducks every spring. We buy corn and feed them so they get quite tame. If they are around when I'm BBQing they waddle right over to me looking for handouts.  Hell they have even came right up on our porch and looked in the screen door to see if any one will come out and spread some more corn around the yard:lol:

Spring of 2017 the Trent Severn flooded in many locations.  I'm on Buckhorn Lake and it flooded (flooded is open to interpretation ... some areas flooded bad, others were just much higher than normal).

Anyhow ... in my backyard (where we walk and I cut the grass) the water had gone up so much that the part that is lowest had approx 3 - 8 inches of water.  I couldn't believe it but there were schools of bluegill that would come into the super shallow, warm water ... on my grass.  If I walked down towards the flooded spot they would all scurry off and go back to the deeper water of my small bay.  It would create quite a splash in the shallow water.  It was quite funny.

Well ... I made it my mission to fish in this 3 - 8 inch of water and catch one ... just to say I did.  It took a while ... but I caught one with my ultralight.  Makes for a good story when I'm down at the water with someone and I point out where the fish were and where I caught it.   Right up in my yard where I cut the grass by the fire pit!

P.S.  This was the only time I've seen my neighbors dock which sits on a crib ... float away.

Edited by TheKawarthaAngler

23 hours ago, lew said:

...when I found a pair of ducks swimming in my backyard today

005_7.jpg

Lew, you have bears, turkey , ducks, deer. . .  Start a zoo and charge admission. OR dinner for  the boss, TJ. 

well that's fun. We had so much water in Barrie a few years ago I let goldfish go in my backyard. The next day the neighbour (whose yard flooded with mine) was out there catching them in a bucket! He just couldn't believe that "somehow" goldfish had made their way in to our yards