Today is not my day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GRRRRRRRRRRRR FR

misfish

Well, you be the judge

This morning  was the morning to coat the inside of my hut with a product that Clam recommends. I did,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

As you heard at the end, it was a granddaughter/poppy happy day. We headed down to BPS to see Santa and get a new fly vise and supplies. My mind was off the hut by then and the drive down was fun. We seen frozen ponds full of ducks and geese and even 2 of Santa's deer out in the field. Santa was late this morning, and I used the 2 deer we seen as to why. He was looking for them. LOL

Was a great time til we got home to open poppy's new toy. I asked questions. I even said I left my readers at home and could not read the box properly. Even asked another passer by if the vise was in the box package. Yup. Cool great awesome. Good deal.

Well we get home and open up the box together like it,s an early Christmas. As we unwrap, I am like, wheres the vise? We turn the whole package upside down. No vise. Oh this is not my day. So get my readers on and well in the fine print, no vise comes with it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

What pisses me off is I asked, the picture shows the vise. I knew it wouldnt have the rest of the stuff, as you buy that separate. And the price of $36 would not have all that anyways. Buying a vise for $24, I thought the vise came with it. Yes/ no ?

DSCF3944.JPG

Today is not my day.

Atleast we came home to home made cookies. That has calmed the savage beast in me. 

$5 in gas down and $5 back. I,ll drive back and return it. Albert, care for a coffee meet ?

20 minutes ago, Garnet said:

And go across the road to Sail.

Was going to head there, but Santa was at 10 and already knew from last year, the line up grows fast. I,ll just take it back, get a refund and head to sail.  It really was not what I wanted, but they did not carry what I really wanted. US site. I really do not get why they ( usa bps ) have all ,and we get a portion. I need to figure the math thing. As they had a vise $19 usa bps. Same here today was $34.  

Oh well, I had my day with her and Santa. Boy they grow up fast.

025.JPG

Edited by misfish

22 minutes ago, spincast said:

Hey bud - try this one.All Cdn, comes in the mail, Careful tho,,,,, easy to get lost in the opportunities this place offers

http://luremaking.com/catalogue/catalogue-index/catalogue-items/fly_tying_vises.htm

Thanks Rick. I keep forgetting about them. :wallbash:

BTW, you missed the party last night. LOL

Edited by misfish

As Lt. Coronel Slade Al Pacino said in the movie "Scent of a Woman" I'm in the dark here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm in the dark!"

Brian you are one cooler cookie than I am. I would have lost it if I saw my nice whatever end up like that afterwards. I would have lost it for sure. I would defiantly be contacting them but don't lose it, take it from me Brian, keep cool. Never email a complaint. I've said this here before, my kid brother was in a Sr. position with customer service for Shaw out west and then here when they invaded the east. He admitted his people  would dump emails before even opening them, and encouraged it without saying it. They would get thousands a day when service went out. No way they had the time and man power to read each and every one, no way. Nice eh?

No today wasn't your day I would normally say. We, for one reason and many others we were never blessed to have children thus no Grand Babies. I would give my left nut Brian to be able to spend a day, Hell an hour with our Grand Child. So in my eyes you had a stellar day really.

Contact them by telephone, no email, text, tweet or airmail, it will be a pain believe me but the only way I have been able to get what I deserved I had to spend much time and effort working my way up the customer service chain for different issues. I bought a HP lap top 5 years ago that never worked from day 1. and started logging the time I spent on the phone. With HP it took me 30 minutes to get the person on the other end to get my email address right. Total time on the phone before they authorized a new machine was over, it took over 40 hours of telephone time and dozens of emails with the person that made decisions . 3 returns from the supposedly repaired laptop. Finally a new laptop after 6 months of fighting. They just want you to give up. If I was working full time or even part time I would have just tapped out and bought a new one. That's exactly what they want from conversation1. 30 minutes to understand a email address???????

You have to be like a Pit Bull with a bone, DO NOT TAP OUT.

By the way Brian good video, has anyone told you that you have a face for radio.

Johnny D just busting your right nut.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

2 hours ago, Garnet said:

I'm assuming you want a rotator vise. Post what you are looking for everybody and there

brother has fly tying stuff not in use.

YUP!  Mr B if you are out my way you can come have some free fly tying stuff from me

I've never heard of spraying the inside so I Googled it and the first result is from a forum where someone posted this in 2014. The wording is the exact same as on Clam's website, but now they've changed from Loctite to Plastidip. I'm not questioning the OP's abilities, but the spray pattern makes it appear like the can was held too close and/or too much was applied in one coat? With the solvents in the spray that would leech through the fabric you would likely need to apply a few very light coats to build up the coating and prevent the solvents from bleeding through. 

Personally, I think it's a very bad idea for Clam to recommend using something that's apparently very easy to screw up. I've had one issue with their tarp and they sent me an entire new hut. It's worth a shot? 

At least people will be able to ID you easier while out on the ice? 

From Clam's FAQ section

Q: There are cracks on the inside finish of the fabric of my shelter. Is this normal? Can anything be done to fix this?

A: It is normal for some of the dark colored coating to come off the inside of the tent. Over time, as you set up and take down the shelter, the dark coating can begin to flake off, especially along the folds in the fabric when the shelter is collapsed. This does not affect the function of the fabric. If you feel that too much light is now entering your shelter in the places where some of the coating has come off, you may wish to apply a new layer of rubberized coating. A product you may use for this is Loctite Color Guard (black), available in liquid

3 hours ago, ch312 said:

I've never heard of spraying the inside so I Googled it and the first result is from a forum where someone posted this in 2014. The wording is the exact same as on Clam's website, but now they've changed from Loctite to Plastidip. I'm not questioning the OP's abilities, but the spray pattern makes it appear like the can was held too close and/or too much was applied in one coat? With the solvents in the spray that would leech through the fabric you would likely need to apply a few very light coats to build up the coating and prevent the solvents from bleeding through. 

Personally, I think it's a very bad idea for Clam to recommend using something that's apparently very easy to screw up. I've had one issue with their tarp and they sent me an entire new hut. It's worth a shot? 

At least people will be able to ID you easier while out on the ice? 

From Clam's FAQ section

Q: There are cracks on the inside finish of the fabric of my shelter. Is this normal? Can anything be done to fix this?

A: It is normal for some of the dark colored coating to come off the inside of the tent. Over time, as you set up and take down the shelter, the dark coating can begin to flake off, especially along the folds in the fabric when the shelter is collapsed. This does not affect the function of the fabric. If you feel that too much light is now entering your shelter in the places where some of the coating has come off, you may wish to apply a new layer of rubberized coating. A product you may use for this is Loctite Color Guard (black), available in liquid

I followed what the can said.

Swipe back and forth 7" away from the area. Covering half the width of the spray.  I had a bit left in the can, so today I tried it on a simple piece of paper. It seems to very blotchy and not very consistent in the spray. (Hard to see that when it,s dark inside ) Meaning it does not cover evenly.  Lesson learned as I said.

I will paint the outside to cover it up Grey and blue. I don,t want other anglers knowing it,s me. LOL 

This is right from thier site

It is normal for some of the dark colored coating to come off the inside of the tent. Over time, as you set up and take down the shelter, the dark coating can begin to flake off, especially along the folds in the fabric when the shelter is collapsed. This does not affect the function of the fabric. If you feel that too much light is now entering your shelter in the places where some of the coating has come off, you may wish to apply a new layer of rubberized coating. A product you may use for this is PlastiDip (black), available in an aerosol spray. This is available at many hardware or home improvement stores.

Edited by misfish

What Irishfield said...maybe u missed it Brian. To make the tent uniform now I'd buy enough black dye at Michaels and follow the instructions. Whole thing will be black but hey it'll be warmer in the sun. Use the fabric paint for any light spots left and it should all turn out OK. It's what I'd try.

Edited by cisco

15 minutes ago, cisco said:

What Irishfield said...maybe u missed it Brian. To make the tent uniform now I'd buy enough black dye at Michaels and follow the instructions. Whole thing will be black but hey it'll be warmer in the sun. Use the fabric paint for any light spots left and it should all turn out OK. It's what I'd try.

Thanks Chris, and nice to hear from you. Yes I seen his post. I have been looking at this product .

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎09 at 7:48 PM, misfish said:

. I really do not get why they ( usa bps ) have all ,and we get a portion. I need to figure the math thing. As they had a vise $19 usa bps. Same here today was $34. 

025.JPG

Brian they get all the good stuff at better prices because they have 300 plus million potential customers and we have 30 million. There's some math. I refuse to shop there and have never bought a thing there. Drove all the way from Selkirk to Vaughn in bad weather only to find out what they told me via email was on sale and I took the 7 hr or more return trip because of that ridiculous 400 series traffic only to find out the prices are in US funds and they don't stock the Canadian stores with them anyway. Never again. Then if that wasn't bad enough got a bill for the 407 to boot.

I do quite a bit of spray painting, both with a compressor or just aerosol cans. I did at least 8 sets of outdoor patio furniture this year. I see you were indoors Brian, the temp and humidity  where you are painting how well the application comes out. I won't paint unless the temp is at least 55F. Below that is NFG in my experience. The warmer and dryer the better. 80 F and very humid is as bad as 40 F and dry.

My inserted text is eating the text that was there, again. it should say "temp and humidity where you are painting will determine how well the application turns out."

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Seems the video was well taken by clam. Talked directly on the phone with a representative . That was very nice to have a live chat. I was asked  a few questions . I answered the same way my video described. They are also going to re look at the product. The fella on the other end was very polite. We struck up a good conversation about this area up here. We happened to know some of the same people up here. At the end of all this filtered try again please chat, his last words were, we are going to send you a new tent.  I am very grateful of this offer, as like I said, crap happens, I could of easily just painted it up. Im just glad they now know that this stuff will seep through. Even the smallest of areas.

This was a FYI for many to learn from. Hope it helped save you from the mess I had.

BB