RIP Tom Petty

muskymatt

Either do you, but sing and play his songs. LOL :tease:

Aldean, rocks the country scene. :clapping:

Im not a great singer or player but i still love to do both.

Im not big on Aldean....or any of the new country stuff really. I like chris stapleton and i do a couple eric church songs, but the rest i call wanna be country.

I dont mind the old country classics, but im more of a rock and roll guy.

S.

Tom petty is in a whole different league than Aldean. Maybe you missed my point?

That all depends if you are a fan of Aldean and don't know who Tom Petty is because you were born in 1999. Tom Petty is Mom and Dad's music to millennials Sinker. I didn't enjoy listening to Glen Miller, Doris Day and Louis Prima but Mom played their records all day long. Alllllllllllllll dayyyyyyyyyyyy long! Thank the Lord for the British invasion or I would have lost it when I was 9.

That all depends if you are a fan of Aldean and don't know who Tom Petty is because you were born in 1999. Tom Petty is Mom and Dad's music to millennials Sinker. I didn't enjoy listening to Glen Miller, Doris Day and Louis Prima but Mom played their records all day long. Alllllllllllllll dayyyyyyyyyyyy long! Thank the Lord for the British invasion or I would have lost it when I was 9.

Even millenials listen to Tom Petty man!

S.

Tom Petty has sold over 80 million records... probably more since his passing has put his catalogue back up on the Billboard charts.

Can't find Aldean's sales, but I would hazard a guess that they are not near the 80 mill + range.

HH

Edited by Headhunter

Tom Petty has sold over 80 million records... probably more since his passing has put his catalogue back up on the Billboard charts.

Can't find Aldean's sales, but I would hazard a guess that they are not near the 80 mill + range.

HH

Yup, I read an article somewhere the other day saying Tom Petty's sales have increased dramatically since his death.

S.