$14,900 Fines for Illegal fishing in Lake of the Woods.

Old Ironmaker

why in the heck is there such a double standard when it comes to these guys vs others?? is it because they are white canadians that should know better?

these fines are slightly closer to what should be charged against these A holes...but the last story I heard the white bucket brigade was out in the kawarthas fishing without licenses in a fish sanctuary keeping out of season fish and they got like a $500 fine...what a joke.

why in the heck is there such a double standard when it comes to these guys vs others?? is it because they are white canadians that should know better?

these fines are slightly closer to what should be charged against these A holes...but the last story I heard the white bucket brigade was out in the kawarthas fishing without licenses in a fish sanctuary keeping out of season fish and they got like a $500 fine...what a joke.

Any links to actual news stories about the reverse discrimination being proposed here? ie ...White folks being nailed to the cross and other groups handled with kid gloves by all Conservation Officers. It's got the makings of a conspiracy theory!!! :)

Edited by scuro2

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84853&hl=%22fines%22+%22mnr%22

"Cong Luu of Toronto, pleaded guilty to fishing in a fish sanctuary and without a licence and was fined a total of $750."

Xianlin Yu and Qi Wen He of Markham also pleaded guilty to fishing in a fish sanctuary and each fined $750.

Se King Wu of Markham pleaded guilty to fishing without a licence and was fined $500.

We would need a lot more examples to see if there is a pattern. But I did just stumble on example of people with European sounding names getting $5,000 dollar fines...

Although in this case the fine is still pretty low considering that they were way, way over their limit.

http://blackburnnews.com/chatham/chatham-news/2017/09/21/fishermen-fined-10000-keeping-many-walleye/

Edited by JohnBacon

There is a huge difference between ignorance to the laws and disrespect for the laws. Ignorance is no excuse but those with blatent disregard do deserve a bigger fine ,,,,,,,,in most cases!

IMO

Yeah I'd agree but that's a super fine line where many will just claim ignorance.

It's called due diligence people.