Cap vs. Tonneau NF

Dutch01

$200 cap, $400 paint job to match truck.....$600 for a great set up.

S.

Imo, old school caps look bad on new trucks, even if painted. It's a style thing, it just doesn't look right. If these are 2014 or newer caps destined for the style of my truck for $200 (or even $1200) I'd be all over that of course.

When my truck is ten years old I'm sure I'll be less concerned about style too.

I sleep under mine with the first fold up and some screen over it. When it rains I close the top and open the tailgate with screen.

Art

I always slept on the front bench seat when a bench seat was standard in a pickup with my gear in the back under the tonneau, don't know what you do now with the bucket fronts and a console and drink holders for the vanilla double milk latte sucking pickup crowd :tease:

Edited by dave524

Imo, old school caps look bad on new trucks, even if painted. It's a style thing, it just doesn't look right. If these are 2014 or newer caps destined for the style of my truck for $200 (or even $1200) I'd be all over that of course.

When my truck is ten years old I'm sure I'll be less concerned about style too.

I hear ya.....whatever works for YOU is whats best.

I'm cheap and simple LOL.....

S.

Just got a new truck yesterday. Caps are pricey...holy moly....im on the prowl for a used one though. I dont care what it looks like. It needs to keep my stuff dry and secure...

S.

Stop in at Easton Truck Caps on the 115 Shane, it's where I got mine and he often has a good supply of used ones and they're good folks to deal with.

Stop in at Easton Truck Caps on the 115 Shane, it's where I got mine and he often has a good supply of used ones and they're good folks to deal with.

Yup, been dealing with them for years. I have the word in to them for a used one, good guys. They also are THE BEST place to get trailer axles. They all come custom made, and all have the EZ Lube hubs....the best!

S.