BORING!!!

limeyangler

Well Simon, I watched this during yesterdays lunch break along with some of the byes . They all had the same reaction as I. PISS OFF. LOL

They all couldn't believe you were using live bait, but I assured them, no one sells artificial up your way. LMAO

Nice video bud.

Great video - that type of action in your back must be incredible

Simon I think you are using a slip bobber rig for some of the fish? Interested in why - re why not just a jig and live bait

I always have a slip bobber in the box for our fly in trips - but have never used it - mainly because I am not sure of what dictates the need - re weather, fish behaviour etc

Cheers

Gordy

Nice video.

Thanks Fisherman, more on the way!

I really need to head up to your area fishing :worthy:

Come on up, let me know when and we'll destroy some fish if you like.

damn this is nothing but amazing!

Thanks again DJ, look forward to your fish curry, love me a nice curry.

Well Simon, I watched this during yesterdays lunch break along with some of the byes . They all had the same reaction as I. PISS OFF. LOL

They all couldn't believe you were using live bait, but I assured them, no one sells artificial up your way. LMAO

Nice video bud.

LOL...funny enough Walmart and Canadian Tire are full of it, and some of the stuff they sell would never work here, but I guess they just stock what they are told too most of the time. I do use it occasionally, but I have done the test a hundred times, even when the bite is well and truly on, live bait out fishes the plastic at least 4:1. I use it for crappie now though as it works just as good in some situations and for walleye if I need to conserve bait. I use spinners for bass a lot and micro tubes for whitefish on the ice.....otherwise a nice 4-6" sucker minnow is my go to. If any of you make it up this way, best bait in town is K&A tackle on Government Street, have to give them a shout out because they treat their customers well. I will hopefully be posting more "PISS OFF" videos soon Brian, lol.

you realise that as you live in fishing heaven, when you pass it will be in white stripe hell, right?

awesome day on the water, thanks for sharing (well, rubbing it in, anyway)

LOL...never my intention to rub it in, but the road to white bass hell is paved with good intentions....lololol.

If either of the guys in the boat are new to fishing; they've just been spoiled when I comes to normal fishing. LOL

I can't remember the last time I could say I'm border catching walleye like that.

Looked like a blast!!!!

Dan.

Was an absolute blast for sure, both boys are local, they grew up fishing, but due to circumstances they rarely get out in a boat, I treated them for sure and they bug me every day to take them out again. Seeing the smiles is always a treat for me too....WIN/WIN.

You catch walleye like other people catch sunfish lol.

whats a sunfish? (jk)

That's stupid walleye fishing!

Thanks for making me insanely jealous hahaha

Great video Simon!

Dude, you have better fishing right on your doorstep, get out there!!!! Like you said, best therapy for every ailment known to man, perhaps with the exception of rabies, gonorrhoea and the plague.

I love boring. Same as when the Smallies here will hit a cigarette butt, boring. I didn't even watch the entire video, 20 minutes of jealousy. I knew you were slamming them.

Yeah, smallies were like that in the last video I posted, ridiculously boring!

Great video - that type of action in your back must be incredible

Simon I think you are using a slip bobber rig for some of the fish? Interested in why - re why not just a jig and live bait

I always have a slip bobber in the box for our fly in trips - but have never used it - mainly because I am not sure of what dictates the need - re weather, fish behaviour etc

Cheers

Gordy

I love my slip bobber, its a hang over from sea fishing mackerel back in England. I do find though that in some circumstances it is very effective over other techniques because of fish behaviour or structure you are fishing. In this video I'm just using it for the hell of it, but sometimes it works good because you can set it at the exact depth you want the bait, give a slower presentation or just let the minnow go nuts under there in a specificc area, its good for dropping into pockets in thick weed and not getting hung up, crappie are suckers for a slip bobber etc...etc. Weather wise they are effective to drift your bait over structure in the wind, the wind also gives you jigging motion at the bait end....lots of uses but mainly because I love watching a bobber disappear beneath the surface.

Misfish, on 15 Sept 2017 - 6:47 PM, said:snapback.png

Nice video bud.

"PISS OFF" videos soon Brian, lol.

LOL Bud

Hows the laker fishing up yer way ??????????????? :Gonefishing::whistling::tease: