Met a guy today who said he eats the musky he catches. ....

Tjames09

Oh Yeh...I remember that...Damned if I can remember her name (it' me age don't you know)(Jack's favorite saying) I see her van at Buckeye Motel sometimes...I'm glad she didn't see me catch that muskie on corn...She might have wanted it...LOL

Corn on the cob with treble hooks? A new muskie lure?

Oh Yeh...I remember that...Damned if I can remember her name (it' me age don't you know)(Jack's favorite saying) I see her van at Buckeye Motel sometimes...I'm glad she didn't see me catch that muskie on corn...She might have wanted it...LOL

LOL I think that's how we got on the topic of Muskie with Faye. We where telling her the story of you catching one on a hair rig baited with only 3-4 kernels of corn. Glad I was there to see that with my own eyes.

guys no need to bash TJames here haha holy crap

did you not read his comment where he told the guy the possession size and buddy replied that all of the musky he catches are over that size? lmao come on now...dude is clearly keeping and eating undersized illegal musky...thats the point here...he told the guy the regs and the guy shook him off.

Ya this was my implication of the original post. Some of your guys comments lol....

The guy said he kept the musky he catches to eat. He was saying all the fish he caught. I was being facetious when I replied to him and he shrugged it off because he didn't realize I knew the regs.

Anyways. The replies you guys come up with are something else.

Another reward for a good member that voices his opinion. Bash him, not good all. Because I don't agree with someone there is no need to get personal.

I hold 1 Musky in higher regard than a 1000 Carp, if not for there scarcity alone. And I have met guys fishing Carp in Hamilton Bay that hold Carp as the only fish worth catching. I personally think they may have a screw loose but don't break their bubble by telling them that. There is no such thing as Musky traps like there are Carp traps I don't believe. I saw them dumping Carp in a dump truck taking them to who knows where.

I eat neither by the way.

Funny how one guy moans about someone catching and eating a musky, legally and it's not locked down but moan about a certain type of vessel and there's a nuclear meltdown.

Whoooosh, that's the sound of this comment going over my head. Don't leave us hanging Fisherman. What are you talking about? I love gossip once in a while.

Whoooosh, that's the sound of this comment going over my head. Don't leave us hanging Fisherman. What are you talking about? I love gossip once in a while.

Sorry you snooze you lose. Already history.

Art

Sorry you snooze you lose. Already history.

Art

Come on Art. No politics but throw me a line to an old one. I can still read locked threads, no? It's getting boring around here and Fox news vs. CNN and Politico.com is way out of hand.

edit: Not the site that is getting boring, my activities this summer. Too much wind to fish here and watching my Tomatoes turn red or the swelling in my knees go up and down is no fun at all.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Come on Art. No politics but throw me a line to an old one. I can still read locked threads, no? It's getting boring around here and Fox news vs. CNN and Politico.com is way out of hand.

edit: Not the site that is getting boring, my activities this summer. Too much wind to fish here and watching my Tomatoes turn red or the swelling in my knees go up and down is no fun at all.

You can read locked threads it is rare that we hide them unless requested by the OP.

Art

I don't get what all the fuss is here about eating muskie's........... I smoke all legal muskies because I really enjoy them. If they change the regs to catch and release only then I will smoke other fish instead but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

A caught legal muskie = Good Eats and that is what fish are for............... :P

Muskie are always a hot topic. They are loved and abused at the same time. However, they are also one of the few native fish in the Kawarthas, so they should be protected to some degree in that area. Not sure who decided to stock them in Haliburton. Having a slot doesn't really cut it; my belief is that they are hoping that all muskie will be able to spawn at least once.

However, if someone wants to eat or mount a legal fish, it's within their right to do so without prejudice.

Ya this was my implication of the original post. Some of your guys comments lol....

The guy said he kept the musky he catches to eat. He was saying all the fish he caught. I was being facetious when I replied to him and he shrugged it off because he didn't realize I knew the regs.

Anyways. The replies you guys come up with are something else.

Amen hahaha

people will read things how they want them to be read, that also means they will change your very own words to make it say what they think they want you to say. It was pretty clear that you were pointing out that this guy eats all the musky that he catches regardless of size and legality.