Pigeon Muskie Report, June 5-10

smithy97

Hey all - I fished Pigeon Lake for Muskie last week. I boated 5, from 37'' to 41'', and saw over a dozen more. 3 were caught casting bucktails, and 2 were caught trolling a jake. Saw lots of follows and lost 2 fish boatside. Wind blown weed edges were the key. Find those and you'll find fish. Go during the week because weekends are CRAZY boat traffic! I was expecting to see some walleye but I didn't see any at all. I know people in camp were seeing and catching them, just not me. Had a great trip and can't wait to try Sturgeon for muskie in October!

How have other people done for muskie so far this season (on Kawartha's or any where in the province)?

Always Chasin' 50...

Pete (smithy97)

What no pictures Smitty? On all fishing forums if you don't post a pic it never happened. If a tree falls in a forest and there isn't a picture of it falling to post on social media it never fell.

Your catch of those Gators gets an attaboy fotto or not from this non Musky guy.

There's the proof (chuckle) Very nice Smithy. Your 41" looks bigger than my 41" that I embellish about. That fish gets bigger every year. Should be that 50 incher all you guys talk about in a few years.

I was with you Old Ironmaker! lol No pictures.....it never happened! Even I can type a fishing report.....just can't back it up with any proof! lol

Alas, you redeemed yourself Smitty! Those are some beauties! Congrats!

Nice report Pete glad you had a good week . You already sent me the pictures so I know you caught what you said LOL . Now you will be ready for your next trip to Sturgeon maybe you will give me some tips . Talk to you latter. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks everyone - especially Hank Jr for all the tips and tricks (now he's a true muskie pro!) Tjames09 - I was on the north end most of the time, the furthest south that I fished was the Blind Channel outlet, and saw one fish there, and then in front of Grenadier Island where I didn't see one. Hope everyone can get out soon and go fishing, for muskie or anything!

Edited by smithy97