I was on the fly this morning

misfish

Seeing the wind forecast last night, I knew that tooning would not be fun today, so broke out the waders and headed to some streams. Im still learning, but I enjoy this great fishing art. Fish were not big and I didn't care., Lots of walking and the right arm got a work out. Keep your dirty comments to yourselves. LOL

JR, If you see this, please PM me.

Edited by Misfish

Thanks guys

Ya Bill, I thought of that, but didn't have a pair of pliers, but if I did, they might get off. LOL J/K. I also think I should of stepped up from a #12 to maybe a #10 to get bigger fish? Like I said, still learning. The last area I fished, I will be returning too. Seems I have this Friday off all of a sudden. :whistling::Gonefishing: There is miles and miles to explore there. Never know what you'll find when you take a Sunday drive. :Gonefishing:

Edited by Misfish

Thanks guys

Ya Bill, I thought of that, but didn't have a pair of pliers, but if I did, they might get off. LOL J/K. I also think I should of stepped up from a #12 to maybe a #10 to get bigger fish? Like I said, still learning. The last area I fished, I will be returning too. Seems I have this Friday off all of a sudden. :whistling::Gonefishing: There is miles and miles to explore there. Never know what you'll find when you take a Sunday drive. :Gonefishing:

a 12 to a 10 wont make a difference in the size of a fish, i've had those little guys take a #6 fly, and then perfect drift guide is getting 26" fish on a #18 fly, all depends on whats in the pool, and how aggressive it wants to be

for little fish like that, should consider getting a little 2 or 3wt rod, they tend to be shorter (7ft range) instead of the 9ft, makes it easier for getting into those little streams

Fantastic outing! I would take those little trout over putting up with crowds to possibly get bigger ones too.

I know theres lots of little places you can fish in your area Mr.B. Then again, that was 35 years ago. Probly swallowed up by development by know. :whistling:

a 12 to a 10 wont make a difference in the size of a fish, i've had those little guys take a #6 fly, and then perfect drift guide is getting 26" fish on a #18 fly, all depends on whats in the pool, and how aggressive it wants to be

for little fish like that, should consider getting a little 2 or 3wt rod, they tend to be shorter (7ft range) instead of the 9ft, makes it easier for getting into those little streams

I will look into that FF. Thanks

Comes with the territory. Those little drys and nymphs love to catch ears and necks, my worst was a size 1/0 Deceiver that caught just behind the webbing between my thumb and fingers. Sharp hooks mean they don't hurt going in, pinched barbs mean they don't hurt coming out.

Comes with the territory. Those little drys and nymphs love to catch ears and necks, my worst was a size 1/0 Deceiver that caught just behind the webbing between my thumb and fingers. Sharp hooks mean they don't hurt going in, pinched barbs mean they don't hurt coming out.

especially when you're new and the wind is blowing towards your casting arm...... learn to cast over both shoulders for that situation, and wear a wide brimmed hat like a tilly hat, and sunglasses are a must, i got a fly stuck in my cheek once, luckily i had noticed the wind had blown my line around me and i was able to kill my cast so it didn't sink in much past the point

especially when you're new and the wind is blowing towards your casting arm...... learn to cast over both shoulders for that situation, and wear a wide brimmed hat like a tilly hat, and sunglasses are a must, i got a fly stuck in my cheek once, luckily i had noticed the wind had blown my line around me and i was able to kill my cast so it didn't sink in much past the point

I have been trying this. I also have a large brim hat. I was wearing it in my Saturday video. Just didn't wear it Sunday, as I only have a head mount for my go pro. I dont trust that bill clip I have. Need to get a shoulder strap holder for it . I always have my shades on. I have enough troubles with my peeps. I do not need another issue to deal with. B)

I,ll be pinching from now on Tom. Good to have the vets of the fly fishing advise .

Edited by Misfish

only been fly fishing for about 6 years, but have had the benefit of learning from some very experienced fly fishermen, been able to pick their brains so to say.

next step for you is fly tying, thats where the real fun and satisfaction begin, to land a fish that took something that you made.