Yellow Goodness - Perch Report with Pics

mike rousseau

Good evening

I managed to get out fishing recently and I was lucky enough to find some nice perch to kick off open water season

It took us about 2 hours of searching before we caught a fish and located a school... the next 4 hours after that would turn out to be the best 4 hours of perch fishing I can ever remember experiencing

The average size we were catching was phenomenal and literally 4/5 fish were keepers... I'd say about half our catch was 11-12" range and the pig of the day was a whopping 14" fish

We finished up with 80 in the box between the 2 of us and both our families were pleased with a fresh feed for everyone

We were targeting shallow flats from 4-8 feet of water with slip floats and small plastics (that's right... NO BAIT lol)... the key was finding how shallow they had moved up the bank and then next was locating old weed growth

We were giggling like little kids we had so much fun

Thanks

Mike

F76875EA-9917-49BE-B306-FBAAFD064BFD.jpg

6608DE6A-B0AE-4E26-86F9-D35ED93ED656.jpg

10F212A8-2240-42D1-8175-7260107F3FAB.jpg

~~~Went up to Orillia for the Perch Derby, caught some to enter, phishen from shore, later went down to the Talbot Canal exit, big crowd on the lake side of the Swing bridge, lots of tangled lines and swearing, across the road on the other side of the bridge no one but me and 3 others, picked up 2 very nice perch. and a whole lot of pinheads swimming up stream