Wood heated Hot Tub

captpierre

Went to a great Cottage Life Show

Buddy selling an aluminum hot tub with firebox built into one end of the tub. Made in BC and shipped anywhere.

You sit on cedar benches.

Cedar boards outside more for looks and insulation.

No whirlpool effect. No electricity

Most people fill with lake water

$3,800.

Anybody have one of these?

www.alumitub.com

Yep, if you have no power and just want a hot water bath.. go to the nearest TSC store and buy a cattle watering trough for a few hundred and dig a hole for a fire pit under one end.

You'll certainly get sick and tired of draining and refilling what you're looking at with no filter system. Chlorine can only do so much.. even my proper tub with two pumps, filter, ozonator, etc can be a PITA to maintain when guests appear. I got to the point last year that I built an outdoor shower and nobody gets in without showering first, to remove suntan lotion, bug spray, cologne, perfume, etc or your tub becomes chemical soup.

Hot tubs are very expensive to purchase and to properly maintain. If you really have a hankering to boil your butt in one and don't want all the expense and work, take the wife/girl friend to a hotel with a hot tub and enjoy a relaxing weekend every now and then and let the hotel worry about cleaning it after you are gone.

We once had a dealership that sold Spas, same as a Hot Tub but I could charge more money and has an underwater surround sound in them. Who listens to music underwater? People with too much money that think no one else they know has one. We had 3 on display and ran them during the day warm not hot. A month in I had them emptied, hydro was ridiculous. One lady came in after a month and wanted her money back. No one told her it took copious amounts of Hydro to run it 24 hours a day and she set it at 105F. Oh look! Mmmmm, par boiled babies! No prerequisite test to be a parent I guess.

A Hillbilly hot tub is very labor intensive. And I agree no need to spend 4 grand. 50 gallon chemical drums cut in 1/2 and fabbed together work as well. The interiors are painted/treated so not to corrode. (Make sure it's rinsed well of the bone melting toxic chemicals first).

Wood fueled is cheaper to heat but a lot of work for what is basically a big bathtub.. I would love one to soak in after nightshift to help me sleep but I'm too cheap to spend that much $$$

I knew of guys that set a Hillbilly hot tub at a remote camp way north. They used it one year. Unless you have running cold water temp is impossible to control. Soaking in anything above 104F is dangerous especially for anyone with high blood pressure, I don't know anyone not taking the pill. A waste of wood too.