Up Date on Boat Registration

Loonietoon

Just got off the phone with Transport Canada in Ottawa and found out this info....... Any Licence issued before May 12 2010 has no Expire Date... any issued after this date Expires in 10 years from date of Issue... It is marked on the Registration

Edited by Loonietoon

Just got off the phone with Transport Canada in Ottawa and found out this info....... Any Licence issued before May 12 2010 has no Expire Date... any issued after this date Expires in 10 years from date of Issue... It is marked on the Registration

Well I hate to bust someones bubble, checked mine, issued 16-02-12 (Feb) and the expiration date is 28-02-2022.

Well I hate to bust someones bubble, checked mine, issued 16-02-12 (Feb) and the expiration date is 28-02-2022.

FYI, 2012 is after 2010. Hence the 10 year expiration. ;)

Now if you had bought your boat 2 years sooner...........................

You did not bust my bubble my friend... just passing out info that has been hashed on another board and l had to find the truth so l did and passed it on to my friends.... " made you go look though did l not " :whistling::clapping:

Don't forget:

Using a Pleasure Craft Licence

After you receive your Pleasure Craft Licence, you must use it as follows:

• Carry the Pleasure Craft Licence on board the vessel at all times.
  • Display the number on both sides of your boat's bow. The number must appear in block characters which are:
    • at least 7.5 centimetres (3 inches) high
    • in a colour that contrasts with the colour of the bow

There is a $250 fine if you are found operating a vessel without a licence.

I found someone in Dundas, Ontario

She made 3 inch black vinyl block letters/numbers (stick on) for both sides of my boat.

It was $20 total for both sides.

Since I was working nearby in Hamilton at the time, I ordered and picked up a few days later on my lunch break.

RE: Registration Expiry

I'll have to check my paperwork. Can't remember if I registered after 2010.

Any sign maker will do them for you. They will put the full number on a sheet. ( no need buying a whole package with letters/numbers you dont need ) Also you can get what letter design you want. You peal one side off. Lay the numbers on the boat. Sweep a plastic puddy knife over the said numbers. Peal off the backing.