Should of booked ice hut earlier

LostAnotherOne

Well the title says it all. Was planning on taking my wife ice fishing on Nippissing for the weekend in Feb, but everything is booked. We both put in our vacation time so I'm kinda stuck. We are still planning on going fishing just if any of you guys have suggestions that would be great on where to go. I have my own gear and dont have an issue driving 6 hours from my house which is close to Brantford. $500 is max I am willing to spend on the weekend for accommodation. If I have to stay at a motel for the night and then head out that would work. Thanks guys

Sadly no clue. When I have gone I just go out of Potters Creek conservation. It's free parking but there are no places that rent huts out there. I'm sure other guys here will be able to fill you in.

Based off of your post, I may be following intently too. Was planning a weekend for my mom and my grandfather.

Are you looking for an operator with huts and transportation? If not I can get the number of a trailer park operator on Quinte where we went that you can park your car for a few bucks and a short walk out to the channel, and there was fish there and I hear there still are. Big Quinte Walleye. Because of the current ice can be thinner than I am comfortable with the last time out there. We paid 60 bucks for a motel room across the street from a not bad Mom and Pop restaurant on hwy 2 just east of the Rez.

Tim Hales has deeper over laker water. Honestly, Bay of Quinte and a weekend in Belleville/ Prince Edward County is a great way to enjoy winter.

I was with Tim Hales yesterday, almost positive they dont have laker huts, just perch. The ice over deeper water was all crashed together and jagged, there's no way you'd get a sled over it. And there was no huts out in the lake near Beaverton passed 20FOW. There was probably 100 or more huts in the 10-20FOW range for perch. Lots of ice quakes yesterday too, tons of pressure cracks everywhere. Ice thickness seemed to be all over, some spots 12 inches, others were more like 8.

Thanks guys for your input, but the wife and I decided to just head to Ottawa for the weekend with no fishing. Was looking forward to heading to Nipissing for a couple of days on the ice and being lazy drinking beer and fishing. Not up for any work like drilling holes and setting up tent. Next year the plan is to head up to Nipissing during the week and not weekend. Lot more huts available. Thanks again