Salmon,fishing lake ontario

fishindevil

Well my freind capt.robert simmen [time off] and myself hit lake ontario very early sat morn...about 4:30am out of port darlington,so we set-up rods in about 65ft of water using our wire dipsey rods,and spoon off 1 rigger and a herring strip /with a homemade 3-fly rig...well we had a very busy day ,and we trolled from the cement plat,to the oshawa hrbour area,and back the whole trip lasting about 7hrs,well we had great action and boated 13 kings out of 17 fish hooked...so it was very hard work all the fish came on everything we were using with the single fly rig running behind an inticer/flasher....running 111ft down on a dipsey #3 setting,the fish all weighed between 10-25lbs.and this time of year in the cold water man do these FISH FIGHT HARD with some doing 150yard runs just peeling line off those big reels like nothing,and man they are without a doubt the hardest fighting fish there is,so after a day of that you dam well feel it big time....so...with a nice 12lb rainbow we hooked on our way back around the darlington nuke plant.we heeded home..the water temps were great down anywhere from 35ft down to 49.7degrees at 50ft.so the baitfish were there and we marked them pretty well all the way west of the nuke plant,with the most being out front of oshawa,anywhere from 55ft right out to about 80ft...the weather was perfect and lake conditions as well...so in total we kept a few salmon and that rainbow,and the rest we released so i cant wait for the salmon derby in a few weeks so we can start to enter some of these hard fighting very big lake ontario chinook salmon,and thanks to my good friend Capt. Robert Simmen .[boat name] TIME OFF so with all that said here is some of the big fish..pics so enjoy

SalmonwithTimeOff005.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff004.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff034.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff026.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff015.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff014.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff016.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff013.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff017.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff012.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff008.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff006.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff003.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff002.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff010.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff011.jpg

Edited by fishindevil

Guest Johnny Bass

Sounds like alot of fun.

Just curious. Why does your fishfinder show 2 different screens and depths? One to the left and one to the right??

Congrats on a good day out :thumbsup_anim:

Love the pics

In this pic on the left side of the screen; Is that black horizontal line which goes through the orange blob close to bottom the thermocline?

SalmonwithTimeOff015.jpg

No the ball you see is a huge ball of baitfish,and the hooks or straight lines you see are the salmon ...and just a few seconds after i took the pic...one of our rods fired up from the dipsey diver....as for the graph one side is 200kh and the other is 50kh one is a large diameter cone shaped ping and the other[50kh] is the much more powerfull cone,it also can track our cannonballs and of course mark the thermalcline...these new very powerfull lowrance graphs are amazing thanks for inquiring :thumbsup_anim:

Well let me tell you those salmon are so silver this time of year when its calm you can see them down 30ft...they look amazing,and they do have a very nice blach back...and pictures dont do them justice, so cheers if you ever have a chance to do battle with a 25-30lb [king] chinook salmon on Lake Ontario get out there and do it....it will be the best fight you ever had.....its great