Hamertown GTG

Loonietoon

No Speil I was talking about the first choice. I was happy it was changed and just wanted everyone to know about Art's tragic death. I got all emotional and it went straight to the keyboard. Sorry Kelvin. I'm all calmed down this glorious morning. I hope to make it on the 29th. I really do not enjoy driving at night now, maybe I can talk one of the lake scallywags here to join me. Just this week and it's only Friday 3 Deer crossed my path. Last night a huge Buck jumped out of the ditch and did a 180 when he heard my Deer Gear I bought at the $$ store!

No problem John.. I fully understand what was going through you head :whistling::):lol: :good:if there is anything there to catch it :thumbsup_anim::sarcasm:

Edited by Loonietoon

Yep, I have had several X-rays and MRI's of the noggin over the years. All show nothing. Isn't negative the same as nothin'.

I saw something the other day on one of those silly health reports. A single deep fried chicken wing has no less than,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ready,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 375 calories. I will fast from the 25th, no 26th, wait maybe the 28th until the 29th. I had no idea they were that much. No wonder I can't get under 205 anymore.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Yep, I have had several X-rays and MRI's of the noggin over the years. All show nothing. Isn't negative the same as nothin'.

I saw something the other day on one of those silly health reports. A single deep fried chicken wing has no less than,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ready,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 375 calories. I will fast from the 25th, no 26th, wait maybe the 28th until the 29th. I had no idea they were that much. No wonder I can't get under 205 anymore.

Johnny if it makes you feel better 2 pieces is 1 whole wing. :angel::)

I love the wing tip. I've been pigging out on those babies since I got off strained carrots. Mom is from North Tonawanda NY. I still remember taking the bus to the Saturday market in east Buffalo with Nani and she got wings for free. When they say that the Anchor Bar in Buffalo invented the Buffalo chicken wing I laugh. Maybe they were the first to charge for them. Durkee's hot sauce on wings have been around long before the Anchor Bar served them. When we were babes we could go into bars in the States with Dad and the Uncles and I remember them serving them free like peanuts and there was a bottle of Durkees you smothered them in, this was 1959. My favorite drink at 6 was Birch Beer. Something like Root Beer. I was one of a few Canucks that had a McDonalds burger on the Niagara Falls Boulevard long before we had a Mac's in Canada. They were something like 10 cents each and I could whack out 30 cents worth.

Aecon is a very large contractor, has been for years. They were mostly mechanical construction and maintenance. Some of their Managers though were 25 years behind the times. More like 40 years behind, before the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1978 came into legislation. More than a few times I told a Superintendent or GF, "you can't say that man!" As in "if you don't like it go home." Coming from a place with a highly educated Union workforce I was actually shocked. I couldn't work for them, I hope the culture has changed today.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

When you get a chance read one of those little Green paperbacks hanging from a chain on the job site. Most likely for you guys Rick it would be The Ontario Health and Safety Act for Mines and Mining Plants. I know you have, haven't others? Does everyone sleep through WHIMIS? It's all there in black and white. I really couldn't believe what I saw and heard on those sites. It was like going back to the 70's at Stelco. The year I worked as MOL inspector I told my manager most of the construction sites were in violation each and everyday, manufacturing plants were generally compliant. His reply and I adopted it would be "do you fish?" yep, " do you catch them all?"

Oops Hi-Jack alert. This is what we would talk about at the GTG, fishing a bit too. Always the way. Get away fishing with the guys at the plant and talk about what? WORK!!!!

Aecon was basically booted from the site due to violations of the regs.

That and I was shocked at how many of their employees acted. Nothing like welding "tims a good dresser" to the structure of the mill.

They were also notorius for ignoring all road signs on site.

Anyhow yes, back to fishing lol

According to there web site Tuesday and Thursday for wing special... so the change will be if everyone wants Dec 29th at the Ale House on Upper Gage around 7.00pm Hope This helps... If not please voice you say so we can have a great night.. :whistling:

It sounds like you need a hug big Albert. Many hugs available on the 29th.

I just read a few online reviews about the Ale House, they were all positive. 6 bucks a pound for wings on Tues and Thursdays with a few carrots and celery add a buck. One reviewer didn't think a few veggies were worth a Loonie. We had a customer at the restaurant that would bring a pocket full with him on Wing Night. The strange thing was they were included in a pound of wings!

Someone did mention that they have live music those Wing nights and it gets very loud. She suggested if you want a table further from the band so you can have a conversation to get there well before 8 which is when the band goes on. So 7 PM is a great time, 1 would be better for this night blind old bat.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

It sounds like you need a hug big Albert. Many hugs available on the 29th.

I just read a few online reviews about the Ale House, they were all positive. 6 bucks a pound for wings on Tues and Thursdays with a few carrots and celery add a buck. One reviewer didn't think a few veggies were worth a Loonie. We had a customer at the restaurant that would bring a pocket full with him on Wing Night. The strange thing was they were included in a pound of wings!

Someone did mention that they have live music those Wing nights and it gets very loud. She suggested if you want a table further from the band so you can have a conversation to get there well before 8 which is when the band goes on. So 7 PM is a great time, 1 would be better for this night blind old bat.

If there is music I again apologize, I won't be there.

If there is music I again apologize, I won't be there.

You sound like me spiel lol.

I rarely go to bars/pubs but im def. Not going if there is music. Im there to enjoy company.

On the other hand, if im down to enjoy music then I dont want company lol

Fyi I cant make it????

Edited by manitoubass2