Quickie fishing report... edited to include today

manitoubass2

Beauty weather and all the kids off to friends houses meant I was able to sneak out for a few hours to fish today?

Weather was amazing! Started at +5 and no wind and within a few hours it was +15 with a slight northeast wind, perfecto.

The water levels, anazing have not fluctuated at all on rainy river for 3 months! Never seen that before. So water clarity is, well the clearest ive ever seen it!

Got on to some walleye and sauger right away! Tonnes of action, just no size(STILL)

Me thinks its just too darn warm. The big fish are in, I know that, they are just in the deepeat areas of the river.

Anyhow, fun day of catching dinks and I did something ive never done before! Caught a dead walleye! ???

I snagged some line so as it came to shore I hand bombed in in and lo and behold it had a 16 or so inch walleye attached to it by one of those northland whistler jigs. Musta been in there for a good 3 or 4 days. Water is cold so it looked pretty preserved intil I grabbed it and released the gasses???

Enjoy...

20161113_113019_zps8qwsuvqx.jpg

20161113_103906_zps8yrrh4m8.jpg

20161113_110149_zpsleptig0y.jpg

20161113_113013_zpsbgsdfej9.jpg

20161113_114110_zpsm2sssqxl.jpg

20161113_114117_zpstbxhmbeb.jpg

Edited by manitoubass2

Global warming? Bring it on. Maybe not in your lifetime but the kids may be seeing Palm Trees sprouting in Lake of the Woods. Before some Millennial tree hugger PM's me and calls me a selfish Baby Boomer I am doing a laugh out loud.

Them there are perfect eaters kiddo. Why not just rub it in. Have a round of golf booked for noon tomorrow!!! Whooo Rawhhhhh. Calling for 15C to 18C. With this new found energy maybe throw a line in when I get back if it isn't dark by then.

Chris, Walleye are best eaten when dead.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Global warming? Bring it on. Maybe not in your lifetime but the kids may be seeing Palm Trees sprouting in Lake of the Woods. Before some Millennial tree hugger PM's me and calls me a selfish Baby Boomer I am doing a laugh out loud.

Them there are perfect eaters kiddo. Why not just rub it in. Have a round of golf booked for noon tomorrow!!! Whooo Rawhhhhh. Calling for 15C to 18C. With this new found energy maybe throw a line in when I get back if it isn't dark by then.

Chris, Walleye are best eaten when dead.

Lol.

Yeah I kept 4 for tomorrow pre/post workout meals. Kids are in school so its all mine lol.

Today was a carb up day, god im so bloated. 7000 cals today brother. Lotta yams rice and sugary cereals lol. Trained legs today.

Tomorrow is just cardio so ill be back down to about 3500 cals.

I wetnt golfing the other day. Only shot 9 but it was awesome. Course is closed now though.

Get out and enjoy it bud!!! Feels awesome golfing mid november lol

And yes, I prefer my fish dead as well lol.

Dogs get the scraps(they love fish scraps)

Great shore action for ya, it must be a great spot at night...

Yep I love that spot!

Believe it or not its a horrible spot at night. Its just too deep. 10ft off shore its 15ft deep, where im casting to is 22ft on the left, 32 dead centre, 28ft to the right(at constant water levels right now)

The wicked night spot is about 200 yards to the west, big sandbar goes out to an eddie, it 1-6fow and crazy actions at night. But this time of year its also the home of many wolves and bears so ill go but only with a few friends

So you have a crazy day spot and not too far away another awesome night spot... All from shore to boot. This is great! Now call some buddies for backup vs. the wolves and go get yourself a 10 pounder tonight under that super moon. I will be out tonight for sure for some shore action. I was out on shore last night and my buddy landed a 27 inch beast of a walleye. It was awesome!

So you have a crazy day spot and not too far away another awesome night spot... All from shore to boot. This is great! Now call some buddies for backup vs. the wolves and go get yourself a 10 pounder tonight under that super moon. I will be out tonight for sure for some shore action. I was out on shore last night and my buddy landed a 27 inch beast of a walleye. It was awesome!

Oh yes the bite is on! Wifey, cancel everything I have scheduled! Fishing ALL DAY/NIGHT!

All beauties brudder. The last Walter is much larger than the clones . I see a dock under your feet in one pic, I guess whoever owns it doesn't mind you using it. I have neighbours that have their docks posted "NO FISHING". It's all about liability today unfortunately.

I thought your generation does more circuit training than the old "legs and back" followed by "chest and arms" rest a day and or a day of aerobic work a carb load plus a juice up, repeat. I am amazed by all the new to me workouts and tools available. No matter how it is achieved no pain, no gain still stands up to the test of time Rick. I have an old workout that will increase your maximum lift of any method by up to 25% in 3 months. PM me if you want to look at it.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

That dock belong to RRFN. The extension hasnt been on for 7 years, so its like 8 feet outta the water lol.

Email me your plan, im always interested in new or old methods.

I lift hard and heavy(slowed now with broken ribs). Lotsa drop sets, super sets, days of 2-4 reps on compound movements ets.

I traim large muscle groups as heavy as possible. Small muscle groups ill do heavy low rep days and moderate high rep days.

Only cardio I do is HIIT cardio.

I did a refeed yesterday so you can so how bloated my face is lol. Be back to normal after cardio tomorrow

Awesome, Rick, looks like the walleye are real thick. That spot must produce plenty of walleye throughout the summer with those depths? Sauger at least in the summer?

The trout have been on fire here as well!

Thanks joey! Yeah even the clones are fattened up nice!

We got sauger in the summer but no walleye. They only come from LOTWs and Rainy lake in the fall and spring, well some stay for winter too.

Summer is all pike and bass fishing which is awesome all year round.

That bigger girl sure had alot of spunk! Put up a real good fight

I wish i had trout closer to home!

Tight lines joey! Post some trout pics when ya can, always love seeing them!

Edited by manitoubass2