Ootanaboot on Saturday with the pup.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Got out on Saturday after being stuck in the house all week with my boy, he had a concussion, we were told he was not to be active, was not allowed to read, only be read to and was not allowed to watch TV or use electronics…just rest…yeah right……LOOOOOONG WEEEK! He's fine though thank goodness.

Decided on Lac Seul for my escape (easy decision). Had 2 days to plan and everything was ready to rock and roll the day before. Now, I always check the weather and it seemed perfect, perfect even for some early morning bird hunting on the way in, sun and clouds light(ish) winds. What I didn't check or realise was that it was moose opener…holy man, talk about busy out there, ATVs, UTVs, trucks with trailers, hunters on foot, not to mention that they are hauling lumber on the North Road too, so service trucks and Semis hauling chips every 10 minutes or so too, needless to say not a bird in sight on the way in…..lol. Found a really cool waterfall I had never noticed before that I must have driven past at least 20 times, amazing what you see when you slow down.

Talking of slowing down, so has the fishing, caught lots and lots of keeper size under 18" but only one slot fish and one 25", usually will have at least 20 slot fish and a few hogs! Had Roloff out with me so we stopped at a couple beaches for a stretch, some food and nature calls. He loves fishing, he justt peers over the side of the boat waiting for a fish to be reeled in, if it takes longer than 5 or 10 minutes he starts whimpering…lol.

We got off the lake at about 5pm, I figured the traffic would have died down and the birds would be out, they did not disappoint, birds everywhere, saw about 10 and got 5 nice grouse, great way to end a Saturday and home right before dark too…..here are some snaps from the day.

FOUND A COOL WATERFALL

IMG_0475.jpg

ROLOFF PATIENTLY WAITING FOR WALLEYE

IMG_0486.jpg

STOPPED AT A COUPLE NICE BEACHES

IMG_0477.jpg

GOT A LIMIT OF SURF AND A LIMIT OF TURF (no…I did not shoot the walleye….lol)

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Awe what the hell happened? Glad jack is ok!

Concussions are scary man! I had one around 11 years old when someone smacked me with an aluminium bat. Not a fun time

Your killin it up there man! Thanks for the report! But keep a close eye on jack, those effects can linger

Edited by manitoubass2

I really wished I live up there for days like that... Thanks Simon.

Come on up…we need to increase our tax base….lol.

Awe what the hell happened? Glad jack is ok!

Concussions are scary man! I had one around 11 years old when someone smacked me with an aluminium bat. Not a fun time

Your killin it up there man! Thanks for the report! But keep a close eye on jack, those effects can linger

Yeah, they are scary, we did not hesitate to get him to ER. An older kid on the bus apparently held him upside down and banged his head on a bar! To his credit the kid was really sorry, just messing around, nothing sinister, he came round to our place with his mum and apologized to Jack in person and made him some rice crispy squares, poor kid looked terrified!

Its getting colder but should get out at least a couple times more in the boat.

Just another day in paradise...lol

"…….Oh, think twice……."

Yes they are and they become easier to get more often after you have had one. I know... I've hand MANY from hockey, skateboarding, snowboarding and other 'things'.

LOL…come on Geoff, what "other things", dying to know.

nice outing and great lookin' meal. Good to hear the little man is OK - he'll be hooking those monster fish through the ice in no time. It's a long week when that happens - G had one earlier this year too.

G had concussion too? Sounds like he's ok though. As for Monster Fish through the ice…might be an early winter this year.

Good to hear that Jack is OK. Kids usually bounce back quickly.

LOL…yeah they do, he didn't mind a week off school either, we got a lot of Lego built in a week!

Sweet! Love me some surf and turf!! The best!

S.

Yah, love this time of year, fish are biting hard and you can shoot at things too!

That's a perfect getaway right there Simon. Not long now and you'll icing eyes again, good to enjoy these last fall days first.

It was well deserved…lol. A WEEK OF LEGO!!!!! Gonna check out your website when I get off here.

Cool picture on the tailgate Simon . That surf and turf meal looks delicious.

Glad to hear Jack is ok .

Thanks man, the tail gait picture is soooooo 'Redneck'.

Livin the dream... hope the little guy heals up ok.

Thanks Fresh, he's coin good, back at school and singing tunes to himself as usual.