2019-2020 Hockey Thread

32 minutes ago, misfish said:

That game against Florida,I could swear I seen Freddy pull his groin again. I think he stayed in just to get that win. He looked slow later in the game.

i honestly dont think a player in the entire NHL, and especially goalies doesnt have a groin issue.

I play twice a week and its a never ending battle. Its just a manner of the severity and how much torture the guys have to go through with physiotherapists to ensure that they can remain mobile.

I remember a few years back on the road to the winter classic they had datsyuk and someone else in the therapists room getting their groins worked out by the therapist...I almost cry thinking about it. The guy was basically putting his entire body weight onto a rolling pin and rolling it down datsyuks inner thigh.

Id probably just quit the NHL at that point.

I had a massage therapist a few years back that used to do a few in-calls for sundin. She said it was strange but made sense, sundin outright wanted a massage but with absolute minimal pressure. He couldnt take anymore punishment because the athletic therapists work these guys over so bad every day to keep them loose.

im more concerned that its a knee tweak.

Edited by AKRISONER

1 hour ago, jerpears1 said:

Agreed 100%. The big thing Toronto will need to improve is getting results from the lines that don’t matchup with the Bergeron line. Right now i’m Guessing Boston matches them up with Marner and Tavares meaning that Matthews needs to be stellar and Kadri’s line needs to step up production. A lot of things need to go right in this series for Toronto to pull off a W and the way they are playing now, I don’t see it. 

Kypreos has been harping on Sports Central for a long time now how the Leafs need to play with more of an edge and that takes fighting to stand up for each other. Can't believe Hainsey had to step up and show the young guys how to get angry after the hit on Matthews ... geeze the Bruins are licking their chops right now ...

10 minutes ago, Jds63 said:

Can't believe Hainsey had to step up and show the young guys how to get angry after the hit on Matthews 

so now were gonna complain  about who it is on the team that plays with the edge?

Couldnt possibly be that 38 year old geezer ron hainsey

Hyman shouldnt have punched that guy in the face either when he hit tavares, it should have been someone thats an effective player...like matt martin ?

Cant wait to see bergeron and pasta line up against tavares and marner.

Edited by AKRISONER

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Hey Bill Its all fun until someone starts attacking the other person on a personal level. NO need for your garbage comments as this has nothing to do with Hockey. Calling someone gay is completely out of #@@#@## line!! 

Keep poking the bear and you'll end up getting bit.    A few good jabs here and there is fun, relentless trolling gets old.  Perhaps it's time to give it a rest.    

12 minutes ago, jimmer said:

If the Leafs can get their speed working for them against Boston, there shouldn't be an issue. They need to avoid getting drawn into Boston's game, which Marchand will do everything and anything to make it happen.

This is the only way they come out on top against the Bruins.  If they play that slow physical game it's going to be over in 5 or less.    And what drives me crazy is they let Boston dictate the pace, if they cannot get roped into their style of play there's no reason not to make it into the second round.

48 minutes ago, BillM said:

This is the only way they come out on top against the Bruins.  If they play that slow physical game it's going to be over in 5 or less.    And what drives me crazy is they let Boston dictate the pace, if they cannot get roped into their style of play there's no reason not to make it into the second round.

We can only hope they bring their game or I'm going to be a frustrated Leaf fan. They should have it figured out by now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillM said:

Keep poking the bear and you'll end up getting bit.    A few good jabs here and there is fun, relentless trolling gets old.  Perhaps it's time to give it a rest.    

Bill all of you guys are arm chair GM'S that no zilch about hockey unless you played at an elite level. No clue as to what is really going on with your team so FOCUS eh. This is between pretty boy brock ( according to his handle photo) and I. 

3 hours ago, Squid said:

Hey Bill Its all fun until someone starts attacking the other person on a personal level. NO need for your garbage comments as this has nothing to do with Hockey. Calling someone gay is completely out of #@@#@## line!! 

I wouldn't get to amped up about it. Fanatics like Chris are led to derangement which is beyond their control. The fact they lose sleep when they're blue coloured toilet bowl circling team loses and unrealistic euphoria when they win a couple of games, speaks for itself.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Bill all of you guys are arm chair GM'S that no zilch about hockey unless you played at an elite level. No clue as to what is really going on with your team so FOCUS eh. This is between pretty boy brock ( according to his handle photo) and I. 

I'm definitely an armchair GM, we all are.    However, you're estimation of my hockey knowledge missed the mark.  Been playing since I was 4, currently on the ice 4 times a week in the winter, twice in the summer.   So unless you can come out on the ice and teach me a thing or two, stick to the trolling :)   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BillM said:

I'm definitely an armchair GM, we all are.    However, you're estimation of my hockey knowledge missed the mark.  Been playing since I was 4, currently on the ice 4 times a week in the winter, twice in the summer.   So unless you can come out on the ice and teach me a thing or two, stick to the trolling :)   

Being on this ice doesn't give you extra hockey knowledge. Playing in the Junior A or College/University hockey gives you the true knowledge of the game so keep on skating Bill. LOL I guess that you do not read good eh. Yeah I cast for muskies more than I troll for them. 

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Being on this ice doesn't give you extra hockey knowledge. Playing in the Junior A or College/University hockey gives you the true knowledge of the game so keep on skating Bill. LOL I guess that you do not read good eh. Yeah I cast for muskies more than I troll for them. 

It doesn't sound like you've ever stepped foot on the ice. :)  You don't think I might know a bit more about hockey opposed to someone who's never played the game before?   Is this another troll post?  LOL!    Should I also tell you I've coached as well?  

As for muskies, I love casting for them as well.   Now if I could only get those followers to commit!   

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Bill all of you guys are arm chair GM'S that no zilch about hockey unless you played at an elite level. No clue as to what is really going on with your team 

we know more about hockey than you seem to know about the difference between "know" and "no"

10 minutes ago, hatethelaffs said:

Everyone bow to the all KNOWING AKRISONER......you are by far the most uneducated hockey fan I have ever seen . You don't have rose colored glasses you have coke bottle glasses. I'll just sit and wait for the 6 page napoleon response 

8 posts all trolling a hockey thread on a fishing forum.   Keep the dream alive.  

16 minutes ago, hatethelaffs said:

you are by far the most uneducated hockey fan I have ever seen.

Play(ed), Went to Hockey School, Coached, run a team and have watched hockey over the course of the past 25 years. What a waste of my life.

Edited by AKRISONER