2019-2020 Hockey Thread

They played ok. They got stuck in their own end and had a hard time getting through the neutral zone near the end of the 2nd/start of the 3rd.

I agree but if we're looking for perfection, we're a few years early. I'm happy with seeing progress in the areas that need the most work and the 3rd period collapses were right up there.

Entry and exit game has improved a thousand fold, even on a bad night.

2 years ago I think the leafs might have had the worst entry/exit game ever in the NHL lol

We still need to lower the shot count. But the quality chances are going down generally so that's good

Any idea what we face, on average for shots on our goal? I'd guess it's like 36 or 37

I agree but if we're looking for perfection, we're a few years early. I'm happy with seeing progress in the areas that need the most work and the 3rd period collapses were right up there.

I'm not looking for perfection, it's just something that happens to them often which they need to improve on :)

That was about the poorest effort I've seen in a long time from the Sens, it was brutal and embarrassing. It was so bad it brought back horrible memories of when I used to be a laffs fan. Tied yes but we have a game in hand, not that it's going to matter if we lay another stinker like that one. I had to turn it off.

:wallbash::wallbash::stretcher::dunno:

How about those sens! Embarrassing!!! Karlsson gifted barbashev with his first NHL goal LOL

Well, well, well..................

Where's Matt now that his beloved team has lost 2 straight and the almighty Leafs are now tied with them. :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

That was about the poorest effort I've seen in a long time from the Sens, it was brutal and embarrassing. It was so bad it brought back horrible memories of when I used to be a laffs fan. Tied yes but we have a game in hand, not that it's going to matter if we lay another stinker like that one. I had to turn it off.

:wallbash::wallbash::stretcher::dunno:

When you turned it off, it cut the viewership in half!!! :rofl2:

Is Gardiner drunk tonight?? He's absolutely brutal. This may be his worse game.

I like Gardiner as a player , he has a good shot and handles the puck really well, but 2-3 times a game he makes some plays that are just brutal. I think when he gets in trouble he tries to do too much with the puck instead of firing it up the boards.

I like Gardiner as a player , he has a good shot and handles the puck really well, but 2-3 times a game he makes some plays that are just brutal. I think when he gets in trouble he tries to do too much with the puck instead of firing it up the boards.

I like him too...great skater, but last night it was 2-3 times per period. He'll be better next game and I'm sure he'll want to forget last night.

another of the players on the leafs who has a hard time adjusting is Tyler Bozak, in a game he probably loses battles for the puck on the boards about 5-6 times and the puck goes the other way, it's seems like he doesn't try to improve that part of his game. He has to be the turnover king of the leafs.

Edited by mikeh