FisherPete is good luck

Good morning

So I've had a really bad run with musky so far this year. I think I have been out 6 times on 3 bodies of water and I have not personally boated a musky yet...! For those of you that know me or have been around OFC a while know that this is NOT normal for me

But that doesn't mean Pete didn't get a few tho

Pete made the hike down 2 weeks ago and we had a great day putting 3 in the boat and having 4 follows with one follow being a true giant

Fish landed were 47"-44"-44"... 1 trolling a custom painted stalker and 2 casting mag Bulldogs respectivly

793F8898-74F0-47CE-9850-3CDDF352B0EF.jpg

0E0F8347-2926-4DA7-A7E4-1A3AC6CB72E8.jpg

338BD4AF-8E64-4F6D-AD85-014220E23A5E.jpg

As for me my search continues for a bend in the musky rod... I'm taking a break to get ready for 2 walleye tournaments coming up then I'll push hard again with the lunges

Mike

Haha thanks Mike, it was a fun day for sure. All 3 were built like tanks... would have loved to get some hooks into that sluggish giant, was one of if not the biggest muskie I have ever seen. Had a tough day here yesterday, had two hot follows and landed a 44" by 5:30am, then didn't see another fish for the next 11 hours... that heat just killed me too, couldn't even bear to stick around for the evening window and cancelled my plans for today. I'll get down there soon again and I'm sure I will be the one sliding a net under your fish!

Pete

Edited by Fisherpete

Some real beauties there. Your time will come, these things have a way of balancing out. I remember one year I had 9 in the boat before my partner even got one...he wasn't happy. The following year everything I got was 36 or under (so it seemed) and all his seemed to be over 40