'Friends' vs. Fishermen

PUMP KNOWS

Does anyone know if that sarcastic sign and accompanying ugly, trashy looking tape has been taken down? If those are 'friends" of Humber Park I'd hate to meet the enemies.

It sounds to me like birdwatchers took it upon themselves and with no authorization to erect those eye-soars, demonizing fisherman while they were at it.

Clark said fishing in Toronto is popular and that approximately 20% of residents are anglers.

Sounds wayyyy off to me. You're telling me 523,000 people in Toronto are fishermen?

Maybe that many have tried fishing in some form or another. But I doubt 523,000 fish on a regular basis.

Sounds wayyyy off to me. You're telling me 523,000 people in Toronto are fishermen?

Maybe that many have tried fishing in some form or another. But I doubt 523,000 fish on a regular basis.

My understanding is that the statement was that 20% of people in Toronto have fished; not that 20% of them fish on a regular basis. The former does not sound unreasonable.

if you follow pump on social media you will note that the purpose of their group is to expose people to fishing (especially kids) who have literally never fished before. So i believe the statement is that 20% of people have tried fishing before. The percentage of people who actually regularily fish...on this board is probably in the 40% range lol. Some people just arent so lucky.

Lots of 1 week a year guys kicking around here for sure...not that theres anything wrong with that either. I just wouldnt want to be you :tease:

Edited by AKRISONER

Last year that bird group were harassing us during our family fishing event. They were telling us how fishing there was illegal. They filled complaints that we were fishing recklessly, that we left garbage and that we were harassing the birds. They also claimed that we didn't have a permit to use the park. Those were all complete lies.

We even had MNR officers in our event and they didn't witness any of that.

After the event last year parks had to put up this sign...

13590462_1739451646334918_74816846994519

Edited by PUMP KNOWS