What fish species do you target most often?

Most Popular Fish Species  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What fish species do you target most often?

• Walleye
    • Smallmouth Bass
    • Largemouth Bass
    • Northern Pike
    • Muskellunge
    • Panfish (Perch, Crappie, Sunfish etc)
    • Steelhead (rainbow trout)
    • Salmon
    • Lake Trout
    • Brown Trout
    • Brook Trout (speckled, Charr etc)
    • Carp
    • Catfish
    • Whitefish
    • Saltwater Species
    • Other (if other, please specify in a post)

Thanks for bearing with my inferior poll posting skills. I am attempting to try the poll thing again. No need to post again here, just vote (unless you fish for the "other" species, it would be nice to know what the other species are).

The question.. what are your favourite fish species to target most often? You can vote for more than one species... if I can get the poll to show up this time that is! Thanks for your patience.

Aaron

Something is fishy here. So far there are 30 votes and walleye got 17, that should be around 56.6% but it shows up (for me anyway) as 16.xx%.

I believe it's because you can have multiple choices. In this case, 30 people have voted, but for multiple species. The %age looks like it's using all the choices and NOT the number of people as the base.

I believe it's because you can have multiple choices. In this case, 30 people have voted, but for multiple species. The %age looks like it's using all the choices and NOT the number of people as the base.

Ha, like you always say...that makes sense ;-)

Can't say I target a specific fish right now. It pretty much depends on what the person I'm fishing with is after. Right now I'd be happy with anything....not sure but it seems to me the last fish I caught was at Lakair last year....might have been one small Pike after but that's about it :(

Maureen

Well i guess im a true walleye fisherman first. :w00t: ..followed by salmon,and then it doesnt really matter as i will fish for anything,as long as im in a boat im happy,even if i dont catch anything......oh ya and by the way LAND SUCKS. :o .....cheers keep up the great work aaron... :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I cut my teeth sm bass fishing and most of my time is spent on smallies. But I've grown to love the toothier side of things and the last couple of years I've devoted more time to pike and muskie. I do want to spend more time fishing largies this year, don't know what a reaaly big greenback feels like.

Ive found from fishing my entire life without a boat that the species that is most readily available to be caught from shore in almost any river or lake is pike. Bass as well, but bass tend to be in more specific spots (rocky sections, weedy sections), whereas pike can basically be found in areas that are quite deep to hardly an water at all and in areas with no structure to areas full of weeds or timber. So, like it or not, I would definately say that my most caught/targeted fish for me is for sure pike.

Thanks for your replies and votes everyone. This is great information, and one of the many reasons this site is so popular and valuable to all anglers. OFC is an incredible resource and has such a great community.

Roy, lucky guess :rolleyes: I had an idea it would be close to that order, but didn't know it would be that close!

Thanks again everyone, and good fishing!

Aaron

Hey guys I am new to this forum, but I am a huge Musky fanatic.

For some reason the Admin is not letting me yet upload pics or avatar.

But check out this mean Musky.

This fish was caught in the Lake of two mountains in Montreal Canada.

It was 56.5 inches long, 26.5 inches wide and weighed 48 pounds.

http://www.bountyfishing.com/gallery/super-musky