Had to chuckle at this one

I spent 30 years on the Bruce and in the "TUB". I know exactly where that launch is and I can't begin to understand how this could ever happen. I pray this woman never gets pregnant and tries to raise children.

Edit to add....I always thought the harbour was considered Georgian Bay and not Lake Huron. The write up says Lake Huron.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Man. Greta Penelope Skrufindoodle, she doesn't give the best directions at times. I think we have all had stories about her. Would it not have had to be zero visibility to drive a car into the water? She walked for help. I guess the phone she was texting on was too wet. Lets see, early 20's, late at night, Toyota Yaris, and a woma, I mean person, probably not texting just looking at Greta instead of the road.

She was quoted as saying:

"Speaking through provincial police, the driver of the car declined all media requests."

No crap Sherlock.

BTW... at the Collingwood boat ramp this week, guy and gal launching a nice boat with a brand new 2500 GMC. He got out to guide the boat off the trailer, she got in to drive and when he said WHOA, she thought he said GO and she hit the gas and put it all I the lake to the roof. Bosses truck that she borrowed for the afternoon...

Pretty easy to drive straight past Foodland and right down the ramp there. Many (drunk) men have done so over the years...

So you know the area too Wayne. I still just can't see how anyone could do it. I have had more then a few dinners at the Crows Nest and have never been messed up enough to do that. I mean its a small area. If you are unfamiliar you drive slow and keep an eye out. If you know the area you just know. Can't get my head around the stupidity.

BTW... at the Collingwood boat ramp this week, guy and gal launching a nice boat with a brand new 2500 GMC. He got out to guide the boat off the trailer, she got in to drive and when he said WHOA, she thought he said GO and she hit the gas and put it all I the lake to the roof. Bosses truck that she borrowed for the afternoon...

And she didn't know the difference from R and D ???? I better not say anything more. I have been known to do some stupid things myself. Like forgetting the 5 buck plug.

The visibility in Lake Erie here has improved over the years, but even as a kid it was easy to notice the difference in water clarity between here and up north.

Once the farmers fields dry out enough for them to start plowing and planting here near shore areas will be even worse. The wet spring so far might make for a successful walleye spawn here? Not as much silt runoff because the fields aren't plowed yet?

I let my wife borrow the GPS once when she had to make a trip to Grand Rapids Michigan. I had it set to avoid tolls so the GPS sent her to the border crossing in New York. She got a fun trip around the perimiter of Lake Erie out of it.