Cooler seat

Freshtrax

my 150 Qt cooler takes up allot of space in my boat So we ditched a few seats and this will take their place. my better half made this for me today... its 3/4 inch ply with 3 inches of foam and marine vinyl . She is magic with the sewing machine. I just pl'd it to the cooler but thought about using industrial velcro. material cost was about 30 bucks. She is thinking about starting a side business.20160507_180150_zpskhqnmt7e.jpg

we are also adding one to the doghouse of the boat.

yea i know i have a flat tire.

Edited by Freshtrax

Its a tough market to break into, boat seat upolstery/pads in Canada... But there may be a few clients here that can help with a few orders.Give her a little mad money to spend on herself while ur out fishing.

Edited by Shloim

Was only kidding on the side business , not many people want to spend a hundred bucks for a cooler seat. But they will make good Christmas presents for the family.

You would be surprised at what people will spend money on. The problem is that you go to a Canadian Tire store and they say yes we will try a few, bring them in tomorrow. Then that few turns out to be 15. You spend the money and time to make them in the sewing room, oops I should say your wife, and they call you a month latter and tell you to pick up the 12 they didn't sell. Now imagine the first order being 200 and they don't sell. That's the nature of Retail 101. That is a great online product though.

I have one from Igloo........it snaps onto the cover.

Just have her add four 3/4" by 4-5" straps (one on each corner) with a snap on the hanging end and then of course the other end of the snap screwed into each corner of the cover. Snap it on when you want or snap it off if it's in the boat when you trailer it so it wouldn't catch any wind and blow off.

The other advantage of the seat cover it also helps keep the sun off the cooler, adding more insulation to the top.