Crappie report

bigugli

Despite all the up and down temperatures, I have been getting out int the Niagara area for some slabs. Not a typical spring by any measure. Have not had any on fire days. Mornings being too cold, the crappie don't turn on until the last 2-3 hours of the day. When they do turn on they are plain crazy, smacking anything that moves. Bucktails have been working great. Caught one that swallowed my float.

Nothing doing at any of my spring shore fishing crappie or perch spots yet Bruce. Glad to hear someone is getting out and getting bit.

Same here. Ice and snow have meant I might be chasing trout before I find time to go for crappie.

Edited by netminder

Just got my crappie gear organized... I've got 22 creeks and canals in an 8.5 mile stretch of shoreline marked out on my navionics to explore...

I really wanna find a spot of my own by boat so I can go and relax and enjoy myself... Take the kids without worrying about guys cursing and littering in front if them...

I've got a buddy that wants to explore with me next weekend...

anyone else out here crappieing this weekend? looking like calm weather, perfectly sunny and +10

ive yet to catch a crap in the pointe au baril area but we are going to try solve the puzzle this weekend! im just jacked up to be in the boat again!

If everything goes as planned I hope to hit the water for a couple hours, just to prove a point that I can get out before trout opener!