Spring Cleaning

DRIFTER_016

Was working on some home brew yesterday and while it was a cookin' decided it was the perfect time to clean and organize the rod and gun room (AKA bunkhouse for transient fishermen) at casa de Drifter. :D

Took the whole day but it was worth the effort.

12967907_1390555510970784_34301986962868

12957563_1390555940970741_35134655479539

Back to the lake next week. ;)

Super awesome setup but dayum look at all that empty wall space...the thousand rods you have in the corner called me to tell you they want to be on a Rod holder(s)....especially that one bent like a cross-bow

Edited by buick14

Yup a place for everything! With the not so nice fishing weather I spent a full day & 1/2 organizing my gear. I have a rather large cupboard for all my trays, extra reels, line, insect repellant, fish scent etc. If I hadn't used it in 3 or 4 years that stuff goes into a clear plastic tote, then up into my loft. Then I reorganized all my trays (about 20). Rapala stick baits in 1, mepps spinners in another, Williams wablers in one, Live Target in one & so on. 6 rods in a rack mounted in the ceiling, 8 other rods in another ceiling rack. I own 14 rods & refuse to purchase more. I don't care about the wonderful new rods they have out to lure in fisherman. What am I gonna do? - leave my old favourites at home?? Nope! I have 3 older favourite rods that go in the boat at all times. 1 is about 35 years old, a 6' Browning paired with a Cardinal 3 - has caught everything from perch, bass, pike, a 7 lb walleye & a 48" Musky. It goes in the boat & I use it on a regular basis. Then I got to the shelf which stores my fishing lines. 22 spools from 2 lb - 30 lb braid. Found some older ones dating back to 2007. I filed them in the recycle bin. I'm not opposed to keeping line dated 3 or 4 years ago as long as it was store in a cool dark place such as my tackle cupboard. After organizing my tackle, I started checking my outdoor clothing. I tucked away my snowmobile boots, checked jackets & rain gear for wear & tear. This closet is 12' long. Last inventory, I have 31 jackets, hoodies, winter parkas, floater suit etc. Not buying any more! We presently have 4" of new snow so I've been pulling down 1 rod at a time - cleaning, lube reels, checking line.

Yup a place for everything! With the not so nice fishing weather I spent a full day & 1/2 organizing my gear. I have a rather large cupboard for all my trays, extra reels, line, insect repellant, fish scent etc. If I hadn't used it in 3 or 4 years that stuff goes into a clear plastic tote, then up into my loft. Then I reorganized all my trays (about 20). Rapala stick baits in 1, mepps spinners in another, Williams wablers in one, Live Target in one & so on. 6 rods in a rack mounted in the ceiling, 8 other rods in another ceiling rack. I own 14 rods & refuse to purchase more. I don't care about the wonderful new rods they have out to lure in fisherman. What am I gonna do? - leave my old favourites at home?? Nope! I have 3 older favourite rods that go in the boat at all times. 1 is about 35 years old, a 6' Browning paired with a Cardinal 3 - has caught everything from perch, bass, pike, a 7 lb walleye & a 48" Musky. It goes in the boat & I use it on a regular basis. Then I got to the shelf which stores my fishing lines. 22 spools from 2 lb - 30 lb braid. Found some older ones dating back to 2007. I filed them in the recycle bin. I'm not opposed to keeping line dated 3 or 4 years ago as long as it was store in a cool dark place such as my tackle cupboard. After organizing my tackle, I started checking my outdoor clothing. I tucked away my snowmobile boots, checked jackets & rain gear for wear & tear. This closet is 12' long. Last inventory, I have 31 jackets, hoodies, winter parkas, floater suit etc. Not buying any more! We presently have 4" of new snow so I've been pulling down 1 rod at a time - cleaning, lube reels, checking line.

Wormer, you need professional help for your OCD. With all that stuff why do you only use a red and white bobber and worm on a hook?

Drift I'm not much of a betting man anymore but I'll give you 10 to 1 you are a single guy. If I told my wife that the room was after I straightened it up she would tell me to do it again. She is a 6 foot blond with an Austrian/Russian background, I do as I am told or I shall suffer badly, the pillow alone would get me a week in the "cooler". Ya vole mine Capitan.

I think it looks just dandy.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Wormer, you need professional help for your OCD. With all that stuff why do you only use a red and white bobber and worm on a hook?

Drift I'm not much of a betting man anymore but I'll give you 10 to 1 you are a single guy. If I told my wife that the room was after I straightened it up she would tell me to do it again. She is a 6 foot blond with an Austrian/Russian background, I do as I am told or I shall suffer badly, the pillow alone would get me a week in the "cooler". Ya vole mine Capitan.

I think it looks just dandy.

:whistling:

I was a bachelor till a few months shy of 50, had a second bedroom that looked almost identical to that. 15 years later except for both our desktop computers it has been taken over with knitting , crocheting and other crafts. Just saying Dave.

I was a bachelor till a few months shy of 50, had a second bedroom that looked almost identical to that. 15 years later except for both our desktop computers it has been taken over with knitting , crocheting and other crafts. Just saying Dave.

I'll be 54 this year.

Never been married and don't plan to start now!!!

B!0tches be Krazy YO!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: