My Smitty Sled

wormdunker

I've read numerous posts about guys building their own Smitty, heard also how easy they are to pull while walking. Yesterday I got out the tools & went to work. Here's a couple pix Manitoubass was so kind to post for me. Thanx Rick. Later today I'll throw a coat of paint on the bare wood. It looks crappy. I did the camo paint on the box 3 years ago. I'd like to replicate it if possible. I like the camo paint job, so I'll be able to sneak up on the fish! LOL!

thanx Rick. It's all good. Gotta laugh at cheaptackle. I did such a good job on the camo paint, he can't see the pix! LMAO I just used a dado blade on my table saw, went very slow & carefully. 2x4s fit very snug to the 2x8 blocks. Thanx

Edited by wormdunker

I have to admit El Wormo you have some good skills, nice rig you have there. I don't know about the paint, that would be my dept. You can now go into semi retirement.

"Build them and they will buy."

You build them and I will airbrush them. 70 for me, 20 for you, we need to slide 10% to M2B2 because he knows how to post a pic.

Yah Brian, I have the manual for early thinner ice, when it gets over 8" thick I pull out the Jiffy 9" with stealth blade.

Chris I forgot the cup (beer) holder. How do I go about getting an OFC decal?

Rusty Ironmaker - You must be Italian. You always got an angle!

GBW - You can buy the tow bar at BPS, Sail, Grimsby Tackle, Erie Tracker & most other guys that sell flip overs. Install 2 heavy duty (3/8") eyebolts & away you go. I would advise some better quality hooks on the tow bar. The hooks from the manufacturer are rather el cheapo. My flip over came uncoupled from my atv once. Had to go back 1 km to get it. Good thing this happened on Erie. It was still there when I returned! If it was Simcoe I'm sure some other dude would be riding around with my Clam full of gear!

I actually have a tow bar from the smitty sled I bought off of B. I can't see every using it. PM me with your best price and lets make a deal GBW.

Location bud? Just due to shipping and or gas costs is why before I ask. I'm sure B made it stronger than normal but if it's not in the budget for the two of us to make a deal I'll let someone else scoop it up but thanks for the heads up! PM me please