Grandriver pike?

Garcia96

Hey guys. i mostly fish the grand for smallmouth bass near cambridge. Ive been told from people who "use to fish" and say the grand has all kinds of pike and they told me certain spots and had no luck at all... Gto gas station in preston, the mill, and was even told preston high school and nothing. Can anyone give me a guide on where to locate them and could share a spot ( catch and release)?

Almost every fresh water fish species in that section of the river. Caledonia to Dunnville. Not much size or numbers but they are there. Even HTHM caught a Walleye there once. I'm not sure but you better check the regs to make sure it's open now above the Dunnville Dam. I'm fairly sure it is but that's not good enough.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Not the best time of year to target pike in your area. The best spots on the river will be frozen very soon. The spots you mentioned are all good. One thing I have learned is that the pike are usually close to shore in these areas. Large minnows under a float are probably your best bet for numbers.

I never fished in Caledonia but I will start for spring time. I never heard about the pike there but I did hear someone catching gars in there. The spots I mentioned have u guys fished there for pike this year ? For Caledonia should I try below the dam for pike?

Get out there, pound the water, you might find them. I haven't heard about many Pike this time of year though. I know you are new here but no matter how long you have been here you won't get a GPS co ordinate. I know you haven't asked so take no offence. It's an inside joke.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Get out there, pound the water, you might find them. I haven't heard about many Pike this time of year though. I know you are new here but no matter how long you have been here you won't get a GPS co ordinate.

Yep. My game is to pick a stretch of river and walk and cast. Some days are good, others are a bust. There is just sooo much public accessible shoreline

Fished the Grand below Caledonia all my life and have seen some good Pike caught. I wouldn't say a lot but enough to keep it interesting. I have caught good numbers right at Caledonia Dam in the spring. There is way more Gar around then Northern's.

Almost every fresh water fish species in that section of the river. Caledonia to Dunnville. Not much size or numbers but they are there. Even HTHM caught a Walleye there once. I'm not sure but you better check the regs to make sure it's open now above the Dunnville Dam. I'm fairly sure it is but that's not good enough.

Lots of gar @ Caledonia too. ;)