minn kota talon

Toddyc20

I own one, love it. I wish I had the 12' model though. With the US dollar where it is the prices have been skyrocketing here. I was in the market for a new one, but it's a bit crazy right now.

I got mine from my local marina who is a Minn Kota dealer. My 0.02, if you get some, get a pair, the ability for your boat not to rotate with the wind is worth its weight in gold if you are serious about them.

I have the 8 foot and love it , no issues

like mattaw, wish I had the 12 foot model but IMO they are ugly with the motor 1/3 the way down as compared to the 8

I bought mine at tremblays spring sale , best price at the time by $100 plus the $100 mail in rebate

like mattaw said also 2 of them is much better but with one you get to learn how your boat pivots in the wind and you adjust really a non-issue unless you want it on a dime

buy the 12' and buy two....

you have to realize you need more length than the depth your fishing....

ie, an 8' talon isn't going to do well in the wind and waves in 7 or 8' of water....

my local shop advises folks to at minimum, wait and buy two (as one is truly silly in its application), and most say once they buy 8', they upgrade to the 12'....

as such, if you TRULY feel the need to buy an 8' model, buy it used, as many anglers buy the 8' models, then sell them within a couple years to upgrade to the 12' model.

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm looking at the 12' for sure. I never put that much thought into getting two but I guess the pivoting is the big issue eh?

you just learn that when the wind is in your face when you put it down the boat will swing to the downwind side, i.e the talon will point in the wind direction, the most you will pivot is 180 degrees if the wind is right in your face

Ive always wondered why these silly things are mounted at the stern. Do you ever anchor from the stern?

Wouldnt one on, or close to the bow work better?

I would never get one myself, I just dont see the need for one, but I think they look silly on a fancy glitter boat.

S.