Kilcher Homestead. Alaska's Last Frontier

captpierre

Are you Guys watching this program on Discovery Channel?

One of my favourites. Seems to be the real thing.

Off the grid. Road access though.

Hunt for meat. Fish halibut, salmon. Raise beef cattle.

Cut lumber. Metal fabrication. Make anything.

Lots of heavy equipment.

3rd generation original from Switzerland.

Must be a little weird having a camera crew follow you around.

Yes - I watch this program and a couple others that have to do with living up in Alaska and living off the land - Live Below Zero - Yukon Men - Alaska Railroad - Gold Rush and others - enjoy them mostly for the scenery - the one thing that gets me with the Last Frontier program is the guys always saying that they won't make it through the winter if they don't get themselves some deer, bear or whatever - heck they got a hundred cows to eat if they had to - I know most of it is made up stuff but it is entertaining to watch -

There is another program called - Buying Alaska - people go around looking for a remote place to live - kinda interesting to see what you get for your money up there - no much that's for sure -

If you google "the Kiltcher family money "there is a big write up about them all being millionaires,one daughter is a successful rock singer.

Jewel, grand daughter

http://www.jeweljk.com/about.html

More:

http://www.people.com/article/atz-lee-kilcher-charged-bear-hunt

Edited by big guy

There is another program called - Buying Alaska - people go around looking for a remote place to live - kinda interesting to see what you get for your money up there - no much that's for sure -

Anybody else think a lot of those people have no clue what they are in for? The place will be for sale again after the first winter.

I watched live free or die last night.. the married couple is painful to watch... the guy who built the dugout canoe did a lot of work for a floating brick.. he probably could have traded some firewood for a decent canoe that would last another 20 years... it's all for the show I suppose...