Going back to Lake St, Clair next weekend

Shloim

Was there a couple weeks ago and had a trip of a lifetime for me at least. So we are going back with a powerhouse team on a couple of boats. Cant wait, the weather so far looks great and while we will leave the musky fishing for others, the same guy that put us on to over 250 fish in 2.5 days (divided by 3) is coming and wants to target smallies on the main lake.....Any thoughts folks?

Sheldon

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y444/Shloim1/IMG_31991_zpsre2nwbcj.jpg

Heres one badass IQ challenged sheephead from our last outing.....

and while we will leave the musky fishing for others

target smallies on the main lake.....Any thoughts folks?

I'm just wondering why anyone would want to catch bass when the lake is full of BIG muskies.

That's like turning down prime rib for a hot dog :lol:

Edited by lew

I'm just wondering why anyone would want to catch bass when the lake is full of BIG muskies.

Now let's not forget I'm the rookie here . So for a couple of reasons, I'd rather be busy with bass than throw massive lures all day long for hopefully 1 fish. We caught 250 fish there while we watched 50 guys get 5 fish in the same time period. Secondly it's not my boat and we have the privaledge of fishing with a pro who won a big tourney this season. He's going for bass and we are following....

Edited by Shloim

Hey mister, that be enough of that . BTW, didnt we eat hot dogs before we went musky fishing? :whistling::lol:

Hey mister, that be enough of that . BTW, didnt we eat hot dogs before we went musky fishing? :whistling::lol:

And I recall another time we went musky fishing and ended the day with poutine .....mmmmm :clapping:

Edited by lew

Now don't get me wrong folks, Id love to catch a musky. Haven't caught one yet, but don't really have the proper gear so I'm hoping for a nice sized cooperative one I can land on my bass gear, It would be kinda cool to blow some stuff up with a monster fish because I haven't done that either....just not my EVO. :)