River Monsters

DRIFTER_016

Rick it all comes down to production costs. From traveling schedule to a camera boat, all to do with budget.

I suppose but its like a 3 hour drive away, dont see that being a huge budget buster to get way better quality fish.

Plus im sure he could stay for free at big grassy or big island and get the aboriginals involved.

The camps at eagle lake are beautiful but expensive

It's amazing what details go into a TV production, so I have been told by my sis-in-law. They do not have limitless funding. It could be as simple as not being able to get a quality guide at that particular week. I have seen many shows where the local FN folks were very involved. The shows coming on.

These people can make 14" Perch sound like a school of Piranha. That Musky skeletal head was very big. Approximating the fish to be 6' Lew big.

Lets see what he catches with that light spinning outfit?

Well I hung around to find out. A nice Esox on 6 pound test and a small jig tipped with a dead minnow. It can happen and it just did, lucky or what?

All in all I enjoyed it regarldess of the cliff hangers before going to commercial.

You will be happy to know Rick that the FN band was featured well in the production. Wade actually offered tobacco before heading out.

Huzzaba, guess what? Jeremy Wade snorkelled around an Island to look for fish. He fishes primarily from shore all across the globe.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Rick it all comes down to production costs. From traveling schedule to a camera boat, all to do with budget.

I don't think budget is the problem, have you seen the amount of time that guy spends in the middle of nowhere?

North Western Ontario should have been cheap in comparison.,

His guide said he had two 50" muskies that followed his lure at the same time. Oh man that would be awesome. I'm sure my knees would buckle and over board I go haha.

I always chuckle at the number of folks who claim to have had 50"ers follow their bait but never seem to hook one. :lol:

Edited by lew