Words to Live by?

danbo

"Well, you see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it’s the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”

classic

When my 5 year old tells me that something isn't fair...I say/half sing.....

"You dont always get what you want....you dont always get what you want....But if you try sometimes you might find You get what you need"

She looks at me like I'm from another planet....LOL

That's funny. I do the same thing with my 5 & 7 year olds.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

Thanks Roy for scienific explanation. Now I know why I like like an "idiot" ( mostly do not want to go to work) in the morning :wacko: , but in the evening completely different story :angel: ( like they say" sky is the limit " :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

and some GUMPisms

stupid is a stupid does

MOMMA ALWAYS SAID:

"Theres an awful lot you can tell 'bout a person by their shoes" --- "Where they goin' , Where they been"

"I've worn lots of shoes"

"There is only so much fortune a man really needs - and the rest is for showin' off"

"Life is like a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you're gonna get"

Words of wisdom ? hmmmm

Wisdom is knowledge...put to good use...

Things don't alway go the way we think they should...When we learn to accept that fact...Life gets much easier...

Happiness is ...wanting what we have ...not...having what we want...

And my dear old dad's for me

"You would be bad luck to a good hunting dog"...nice guy eh?

Beans

"You would be bad luck to a good hunting dog"

Geez Norm, that's what you always say to me...

One of my favorites is

"Nothing is remembered so well as good manners"

along with the one as my signature.

Maureen

- Is it faster to Banff or by bus?

- When a woman is PMSing, instead of "have a happy period" on the side of the

Kotex box, it should say "put the hammer down" or "vehicular manslaughter is wrong."

- Someone on here also had a funny saying, I can't remember who, but I do remember the saying..

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes, that way you are far enough away from him, and you have his shoes."

:lol:

Joey

Oops, geez I look funny tonight. Dang giving Paul more post counts :rolleyes:

Edited by Tybo