WHere to weigh a boat

bassfighter

Just curious why would you or need to weigh the boat ? Is it you are having towing issues ? What is the model & make we can probly give you a pretty accurate weight also the manufacturer would have the info on that as well as the motor ? Just wondering ??

MTO weigh scale - assuming you aren't worried about anything covered by the HTA, that is.. If the lights aren't on, stop in and ask em. Or you can give them a call. All the inspections station numbers are available on line.

Got one done at MTO scales a few years ago, they looked at me kind of funny but did it for me anyway. Truck stop scales are usually certified, they will charge you $15.00 but you do get a certified print out. Scrap yards will usually do it for you for free or for a small fee.

Just curious why would you or need to weigh the boat ? Is it you are having towing issues ? What is the model & make we can probly give you a pretty accurate weight also the manufacturer would have the info on that as well as the motor ? Just wondering ??

My boat is a 16 ft Deep V fibreglass bowrider boat, an older 1980. When I had the flooring change few years ago, using pressure treated wood as joist , then 3/4 plywood everywhere, flat flooring on top with sub floor, aka bass boat , and plenty of storage underneath, lots of hidden seat on the sub flooring, can sit six, and ski on this as well. I knew it got heavier, so I wanted to just weigh it, i do not know the actual weight since I own the used boat almost 10 years ago.

Thanks for all of your input. For $15, I do not mind getting it weigh when I go fish and pass to one of the weighing station..

I recently installed some used passenger 145 x80 R12 size tires instead of 5.3x12 trailer tires. Tires got ruined after few fishing trips , where the steel belt hair like wires came out of its side wall. I was not sure if it was the bad used tires I bought, or tires were not rated for my boat weight. or boat too heavy.

Edited by bassfighter

I recently installed some used passenger 145 x80 R12 size tires instead of 5.3x12 trailer tires. Tires got ruined after few fishing trips , where the steel belt hair like wires came out of its side wall. I was not sure if it was the bad used tires I bought, or tires were not rated for my boat weight. or boat too heavy.

PA sells those ST145/R/12 tires, rated for 1220lbs.