Truck side steps NF

misfish

Ok, looks like I need some for the truck as the mrs,s needs some aid :whistling: getting in.

My question is, whats out there that I can install myself for a fair price.

2014 Ram single cab short box.

Would sooner buy direct from a retailer, not on line.

Thanks

Edited by Brian B

Hey Brian

We had the round bars on our 05 Sierra STAY AWAY FROM THEM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, in the winter u get a bit of slush or snow on the litlle bit of rubber and u will sprain or break your ankle when your foot slips between the rail and the truck body

Type "step up for chevy pickup oval shape" go to page 3 the pic is on the second row down on the right hand side,,,,

I know u have a Ram and I wont hold that against you because u make a mean big ass bacon wrapped kinda burger roast LOL but seriously we had these step uos put on the only new truck we have ever had , the one we purchased 2 months ago from Alta

Way better mounting brackets , more rubber tread area , dont flex nearly as much and the surface area where u step onto is flat, resulting in sure footing

We have saw them on many rams up here as well, similar to float mans

pm me with your email and i will send u a pic or go back to the thread of whats your favourite ride,,Rick was kind enough to put the pick of our truck on there, u will see them clearly

PS

I have a knife and fork beside the laptop and my wife is tucking a napkin in front of my shirt lol waiting for a pick of the latest bacon burger roll B)

LMAO John

Thanks for the input.

Im sure I could make my own. It will be awhile before I get back to fabricating anything.

Im looking at a solid one step.

This wouldnt of happen if I didnt have to let the mrs,s drive my truck. When she gets in the passanger side, I just hold her hand and yank her in. LOL

This wouldnt of happen if I didnt have to let the mrs,s drive my truck. When she gets in the passanger side, I just hold her hand and yank her in. LOL

Good thing she doesn't get in there leg first eh? :)

Big ash plank was best I ever had, cheap and you don't do any crying when you run into stuff with them. Put on a set of 3" side pipes and headers and if you have a real transmission you can turn the key off and on and blow a ball of flames down the side.

Put on a set of 3" side pipes and headers and if you have a real transmission you can turn the key off and on and blow a ball of flames down the side.

Ah yes, the good ole days, I remember them well :lol:

I saw a truck with home made aluminum running boards recently...I'm sure you could fashion sumpin' like that...

I had to reach over and give Maribeth a hand to pull her up into the cab of my old Ford 150...

I was tempted to carry a kitchen step stool in the truck...You could let her get in first then pick up the stool and toss it in the back...

You've almost have to find something you like at this place and there's a store in Barrie.

http://canada411.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Barrie/Action-Car-Truck-Accessories/7583079.html?what=Action+Car+and+Truck+Accessories&where=Barrie%2C+ON&useContext=false

I enter the info that I had on your truck and got a 115 hits on a search for step.

http://actiontrucks.com/lookup.html?supercat=2

Have fun shopping, they have some pretty good looking stuff.

Dan.

whichever way you go, i'd avoid most black or chrome bars. they tend to be just coated mild steel. if you want the shiney chrome look you should go with polished stainless. most stainless bars come with a lifetime finish warranty while most chrome/black come with 3yr up here in Canada. if you're looking to go with black there are a few manufacturers making painted or powdercoated black stainless or aluminum bars. the aries offroad 4" big step is a nice step if you're looking for black. they're a 4" round bar so you have a nice big step pad and they are aluminum so they wont rust out on you. aries also makes a nice 4" oval bar with welded steel endcaps instead of the plastic that most have. if you have any other questions on this kinda stuff don't hesitate to send me a pm

Ryan

Thanks guys.

Stopped into the old van and truck world here. Didnt really like alot of them but thats just me. Im going to hold off til Im back to work and make my own I think. Good solid steel steps . I have use of a plasma cutter, so I can make something personalized.

Most Canadian Tire stores are keystone dealers and you can order almost anything from them. Other than that, go to a truck accessory place and they can help you out. I prefer oval shaped over round tube for the reasons stated above. I have factory ones on my Sierra and I know you can get a set from Ram so there are a tonne of options for you even though you don' t want to order online.