You have to love country living.

lew

Just sitting here wandering around the internet and glanced out the window and there's a pretty little deer walking down the road.

Last week it was a bear in the back yard.

Don't know why I ever lived in the city :lol:

Edited by lew

haha cougars. For most of us living in the city is to help out the wife and kids (schools, shopping etc) or to be close to our jobs. Once those things aren't priorities anymore I hope to find what Lew has. But for now I have found a balance...out my back windows we have other homes but out my front windows we have forest or farmers fields. We are the last house on the edge of town

haha cougars. For most of us living in the city is to help out the wife and kids (schools, shopping etc) or to be close to our jobs. Once those things aren't priorities anymore I hope to find what Lew has. But for now I have found a balance...out my back windows we have other homes but out my front windows we have forest or farmers fields. We are the last house on the edge of town

What you've got now sounds pretty nice Roger.

For most of us living in the city is to help out the wife and kids (schools, shopping etc) or to be close to our jobs. Once those things aren't priorities anymore I hope to find what Lew has. But for now I have found a balance.

I hear ya...I'd do just about anything to live in the country but it ain't going to happen for awhile either. Compromise is buying a place on the edge of town but where we live (Waterloo Region) the price of even a small property is crazy! Lew, sounds like you are a lucky man.

I love country living! Its awesome.

This place we have is dirt cheap, 600/month for 4 bedroom 2 bath.

Its funny though. Just down the road there is this wicked house id love to buy, 175,000.

Drive ten minutes west and a 4 bedroom is in the 40 to 50 thousand range

This post makes me smile ear to ear Lew!!

I used to have an nice estate lot in the bush. But I had to sell the house in my divorce.

Moved to crappy house, on a crappy street in Barrie. And I can not stand it. I think me neighbors have seen me naked more time than I can count!!

I'm just waiting on the final paper work. But it's about 99.9% sure that I am moving to Midhurst Aug 1st. To a home that backs on to a big forest, that's county land, and chocked full of walking / biking trails!! I will be able to walk out my back door and disappear in the bush again.! FREEDOM!!!

I intent on setting up some feeders for the birds and deer, and I hope to be posting pic like you have been by the fall!!!

Lew,living in the sticks never gets old.The pic in my avatar is my wake up view for 6+ months of the year.In the evening the loons sing me to sleep.

The other time is spent on 160 acres with the GF's 3 horses roaming the back 40 & almost daily visits from the local deer population.

On some cold & quiet nights the wolves howl very close.

Oh & the night skies,you can't see stars like that in the city.

In the evening the loons sing me to sleep.

Oh & the night skies,you can't see stars like that in the city.

This thread is killing me! I hear Loons in the evening too...but they are flying down the Expressway on sport bikes or tricked out Civics with fart pipes!

Serenity now, serenity now.....

Come onnnnn 6/49!

enjoy the county life boys. wishin I was thar.

First summer we were here the wife & I were sitting on the front porch one evening just enjoying life when these folks came down the road past the house.

I knew then I'd made the right decision to get out of the city LOL

Cnv0600.jpg

Edited by lew

Do you find yourself casually waving to your visitors 'oh, hello there deer' haha.

I lucked out big time finding a perfect county home on 160 acres at the dead end of three, count em, three dirt roads. Yesterday I had a wolf show up and bug my dog..it was a really weird encounter, almost like they were friends, but I don't trust that thing for one second. Either way, it's never boring and it's almost always perfectly quiet. I love seeing all the different animal tracks on my km's of trails.

Edited by Rod Caster

Do you find yourself casually waving to your visitors 'oh, hello there deer' haha.

I don't wave to the critters but I sure do spend alot of time smiling these days LOL

Your 160 acres sounds fantastic.

Edited by lew

Some day I'll move to the north. I grew up out in the country, first on a farm and then in a couple houses out in the bush. short walk to the creek and lake, lots of logging trails to ride teh mountain bike on...

Hell I should be looking at the municipal websites to see if I'm in demand. Never know. Wife's on board and that's all you need to know!

Edited by netminder