HWY 7 update ?

davew3

Good morning. With living in Burlington it is a pleasure getting to the trailer on the BOQ. I used to take the 407, then hwy 7 to Courtice rd. then down to the 401 .

But with the construction on hwy 7 I have been going down Brock rd. Once we hit the 401 it becomes a zoo.

Does any one have an update on the hwy 7 route from Brock rd (hwy 1) east?

Or any better ideas?

I may just start leaving at 9 pm and do the night drive.

Any info would be appreciated

Regards

Edited by davew3

I am looking at 3 options

1 move to Belleville

2 as Sinker said one concession north. We have done the Taunton way. Depends when you are going across. If you are there at 4 -6 pm it takes a long time as well.

3 buy a bigger boat. troll my way there

until they get the highways done not much to do about it.

Regards

So you go to the end of 407 and then go thru Brooklin and over to Simcoe St Oshawa.

You can go just keep going until Hwy 57 if you go south will take you to Bowmanville if you still keep going you will come to Hwy 115.

Just passed Simcoe at Harmony rd you could drop down (south) to Conlin rd and go east and these options are still there.

If you went pass Simcoe to next lights Ritson Rd you could go north 1 concision or go to Enfield Rd and go north. This would take you thru the villages of Ennisklin and Tyrone and out to 115 at Boatland Canada.

I would at least go to Hwy 57.

Go north. Brawley rd is a breeze on the worst days. Hwy 7 is down to one lane E of Brock now, and Brooklin has become a Sstorm as of late. Leave late Thurs or early Fri and leave the masses behind. Its also nicer for us commuters to have one less car on the road:)

I make the drive most days and have learned more times than not that just take the 401 and tough it out. The short cuts make you feel better because you are moving but rarely do they ever really save you time. Leave Burlington at 7 pm and you will be fine taking the 401 all the way across

My 407 bill averages about $250 a month so I try and use the 401 when ever I can to save money. I stay off the 401 between 6 am and 10:30 am and then from 2:30 pm until 7:30 pm as a general rule.

I just drive way to much

I make the drive most days and have learned more times than not that just take the 401 and tough it out. The short cuts make you feel better because you are moving but rarely do they ever really save you time. Leave Burlington at 7 pm and you will be fine taking the 401 all the way across

My 407 bill averages about $250 a month so I try and use the 401 when ever I can to save money. I stay off the 401 between 6 am and 10:30 am and then from 2:30 pm until 7:30 pm as a general rule.

I just drive way to much

407 saves TONS of time when the 401 is a mess, but right now that area between brock rd and brooklin is a mess.

S.