Stupid me

lew

Went to the gas station yesterday and got 2 gallons of hi-test for my Stihl 2 stroke gas trimmer, then accidently grabbed the wrong bottle of oil in the garage & mixed in a couple oz. of regular 4 stroke oil. Didn't realize the mistake till after I'd run the trimmer for 20 minutes or so.

Hopefully I didn't do any damage to the trimmer engine.

Just wondering, rather than dispose of the 2 gallons of gas with the small amount of oil mixed in, could I use it in my fuel injected truck or 4 stroke Yamaha outboard.

No where around here to dispose of the gas and I'm certainly not gonna dump it on the ground.

Edited by lew

That small amount of mixed fuel, won't hurt your truck at all. Go a head and pour it in the next time you fill up the truck. As for the trimmer, I wouldn't worry to much about it. If you were to constantly use 4 stroke oil, you'd gum the thing up pretty bad; but a 20 minute run isn't a big deal. Maybe dump in a bit of sea foam with your next mix of fuel; that'll clean things up, if there is any deposit that started to form.

Dan.

That small amount of mixed fuel, won't hurt your truck at all. Go a head and pour it in the next time you fill up the truck. As for the trimmer, I wouldn't worry to much about it. If you were to constantly use 4 stroke oil, you'd gum the thing up pretty bad; but a 20 minute run isn't a big deal. Maybe dump in a bit of sea foam with your next mix of fuel; that'll clean things up, if there is any deposit that started to form.

Dan.

X2 no issues Lew

Art

Dan.

X 3.

If you do find it a little sluggish, check your spark arrestor screen on your muffler, if that is carboned up remove it and burn the carbon off with a propane torch.

no issues in putting it in the F 150 Lew, used to put a litre of non detergent oil in my 70 GTX on occasion with a fill up, as well as my 1979 Magnum GT, was told by my father who used to put oil in those old HEMI's 392s and 354s I believe that it freed things up ie valves rings etc never did either of us any harm

Don't worry about it Lew, I once put brake fluid in my windshield washer basin. Paul had stored the brake fluid in a couple of windshield washer containers in the garage. As I was pouring it in I thought, gosh, this is awful thick, but continued on. Of course when cleaning the windshield, it was a big, goopy mess. Paul had to drain it all and do a bunch of work to clean out the system - ooops. :whistling::whistling:

I blame him, he should have labelled the containers!!!

Lew, as the experts have stated it shouldn't hurt, the truck or the mower... That amount of oil in a full F150 tank is such a small percentage.

Lots of mistakes happen with fluids. My landlord put brake fluid in the transmission of his car.... because brake fluid was cheaper on sale. Also they are both RED according to him, I have never seen red brake fluid, myself but he was convinced. He wouldn't believe it was going to be a problem, when a bunch of us told him not to move the car an have it towed to a shop. He said it couldn't possibly hurt anything... Yet the next week he was driving a different vehicle. When asked what happened all he said he said was it was just time for change?

Thanks guys, I put the gas in the truck this morning and it's running just fine.

I also bought new hi-test and mixed in the proper 2 stroke oil then spent another 30 minutes trimming grass and the machine ran perfectly.

Dood actually presented to the hospital once for accidentally drinking antifreeze instead of his Pepsi. Grabbed the wrong can.

Lucky for him the antidote is alcohol. By weight calculation every hour for 24 hours we had to give him a shot and a half of rum. He happily lived.

Your truck will too Lew. Don't think I'd add it all at once though... just have it sip the fuel in moderation.

Dood actually presented to the hospital once for accidentally drinking antifreeze instead of his Pepsi. Grabbed the wrong can.

Lucky for him the antidote is alcohol. By weight calculation every hour for 24 hours we had to give him a shot and a half of rum. He happily lived.

Your truck will too Lew. Don't think I'd add it all at once though... just have it sip the fuel in moderation.

Honestly, alcohol is the antidote for antifreeze poisoning??? Wow, you learn something new every day. Cool fact. Now don't anybody go out and drink antifreeze for the free hospital booze :w00t:

Honestly, alcohol is the antidote for antifreeze poisoning??? Wow, you learn something new every day. Cool fact. Now don't anybody go out and drink antifreeze for the free hospital booze :w00t:

It was a heavily guarded secret in Moosonee / Moose Factory. That patient had to sign an oath of secrecy... but plenty family and staff members sure threw patient confidentiality right out the window. lol.

I used to know a fella who along with some buds was very drunk one night back in the 50's and when they ran out of booze they started searching for more. They came across a bottle of wood alcohol in the garage and being as drunk as they were didn't know the difference & drank it.

My friend was totally blinded for the rest of his life from this stuff but he was the lucky one as his 3 buds all died from drinking it.

I know you said there wasn't any smoke Lew; but I can't get this image out of my head.

Lew's neighbor's view as he's trimming his yard. LOL

Sorry I couldn't help myself after seeing this picture. :rofl2:

Dan.

IMG_0038.JPG

If you want to smoke out the skeeters pour a small amount of trans fluid down the carburetor with the engine running man it fogged the area so bad you could not see ten feet. BTW this was a 64 nova with no electronics or anti pollution stuff to mess up.

Art

If you want to smoke out the skeeters pour a small amount of trans fluid down the carburetor with the engine running man it fogged the area so bad you could not see ten feet. BTW this was a 64 nova with no electronics or anti pollution stuff to mess up.

Art

Art

Had a modulator valve go on the tranny of a 79 GMC van, same effect, tranny fluid ends up in the engine with a cloud of smoke when you accelerate. Thought it blew a ring :w00t:

Why did it quote 2X???

Edited by dave524